Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front luggage light boot

fraz3

Hi,

I've got a 997.2 911-Every now and then i need to charge the battery just to make sure so I use a trickle charger. The light remains on in the front luggage compartment which is quite annoying. Do I really have to disconnect the light? :thumb:

I did it by getting a wide flat object and pushing the trunk into the closed position and the light has gone off-

Anyhow hi, mines a C4 GTS :)

On my 993, i just push the protruding part of the lock back down and it turns the light out. Once charged, I just need to pull the bonnet release handle inside the car and then shut the bonnet as normal.

Yep, just push down the trunk latch with your finger (or suitable object, if you have Fairy hands)

Remember to unlock the latch before you attempt to close the boot lid (or you'll get a terrible bang)

... of course all this is a bit academic if you just route the charging cable out the top of the boot lid (ie exit by the wipers)

Feel free to wrap the cable in a duster or similar to protect your paint (I had my CTEK lead drop from the rafters, so no trailing wires at all!)

I used a suitable object to push the boot latch down so I'm quite happy this will work just fine.

Which 911's do you folks drive?- :?:

996 C2 (previously C4) and 993 C4 .

I take it you do the dishes then :?:

Why are you taking the charging lead out through the front and across the weather seal? If you take it out towards the windscreen you can close the hood and activate the alarm. You can also leave the bulb in the boot light as it will switch off when the hood is closed.

I would recommend fitting a 10Amp fused link to the battery and running a tail off to one side. This saves having to remove the battery cover when charging.

H

Apologies to GT4 - I did not read your post fully. However, I note that few people use this route for the charging cable.

H

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back