Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CAE Ultrashift group buy

Roro said:
http://www.shop.cae-racing.de/index.php?a=25&lang=eng

Is there any serious interest in a group buy?

I understand 5+ orders will get us 15% discount, and we're talking in the region of £1000 for the shifter and cables.

Put your name down and if there's 5+ interested then I'll get more details.

1. Roro

That's good of you Roro, I can save you some time as I still have the e mail offering 15% discount.

3 little words put me off this idea:

broken selector forks

:nooo:

NXI20 said:

'Looks absolutely pants' would be my three words (I can think of a few other less polite combo's).

Good luck guys if it's what you want........

Jon - cheers mate will PM you my email address

Nick - got any more info? I've googled but can't seem to find anything on that issue?

The increase in leverage combined with a shorter throw means that is easier to bend or break the gear selector forks. Matt at Fearnsport has seen this sort of damage before & advised me not to bother.

I bow to his greater experience in these matters.

(The lever itself looks fugly too!)

.... but it comes in different colours including blue lol

Seriously though, I was unaware of that issue thanks for raising it. Many people seem to be using it without any problems. I don't think I'll bother proceeding with this unless I'm somehow able to establish the failure rate is tiny.

Roro said:
Jon - cheers mate will PM you my email address

Nick - got any more info? I've googled but can't seem to find anything on that issue?

Mr Ping

e mail sent.

Nick

Not heard anything bad about these before. Do you know how many examples Matt has come across?

Porsche News said:
Roro said:
.... but it comes in different colours including blue lol

I bow to your greater experience in these matters. :)

About bloody time!

I think you should buy a 996/997 just you so you can get the CAE shift fitted :thumb:

Ps I approve of the blue 911 in the banner pic currently 8)

Cunno said:
Not heard anything bad about these before. Do you know how many examples Matt has come across?

I'll ask & report back.

I kinda like it. Although i did express some reservations as to what it may or may not do to the 'box..

Having had a play with one i can't really see why it would. It feels incredibly precise, not stupidly short just zero play really and a good strong, adjustable, spring that gets the stick on plane really quickly and positively. That could actually be kinder to the selectors as hamfist shifts are reduced i would think.

It does look a bit wannabee but then so does a GT3....

Black with a red knob :lol:

Senoj said:
I kinda like it. Although i did express some reservations as to what it may or may not do to the 'box..

Having had a play with one i can't really see why it would. It feels incredibly precise, not stupidly short just zero play really and a good strong, adjustable, spring that gets the stick on plane really quickly and positively. That could actually be kinder to the selectors as hamfist shifts are reduced i would think.

It does look a bit wannabee but then so does a GT3....

Black with a red knob :lol:

..just looks like another sex toy, I just haven't got
this one...yet :grin:

NXI20 said:

broken selector forks

I don't know much about the kit other than what's in the pictures but no surprise judging by the increase in lever ratio. That is unless there is a suitable ratio change within the bell crank or whatever mechanism it uses, but I would be surprised. I'm sure Matt wouldn't make up stories just for the sake of it.

Craig J said:
NXI20 said:

broken selector forks

I don't know much about the kit other than what's in the pictures but no surprise judging by the increase in lever ratio. That is unless there is a suitable ratio change within the bell crank or whatever mechanism it uses, but I would be surprised. I'm sure Matt wouldn't make up stories just for the sake of it.

Can you expand on that? The shift "travel" on the cae is 65mm, this felt like a shorter throw than standard GT3 and a shorter throw will push the selectors faster but i don't see why someone who is not a gorilla on their shifts couldn't still make a mechanically sympathetic shift.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back