Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 IMS issues

jonttt

Monaco
I have just realised that my 993 has the dreaded IMS issues (insane market speculation - copyright GT4) when my best mate asked me how much my car is worth now in front of SWMBO :eek:

Of course he is no longer my best mate :thumb:

At the time I had not really considered the question, I do keep up with prices but not in a way to value mine as it a keeper. I am genuinely interested in cars that come up for sale. I guess if I'm honest I do have a ballpark figure in mind which would mean the car has cost me nothing in 12 months but I thought it would be an interesting debate......

1997 993 C4S
69,000 miles
Silver with Midnight blue / Black interior
tinkered with but all reversible (see some of the list below)
I would class it as being in the top 10% in terms of condition based on many 993's I have seen in the past few years
Cost April 2013 (from dealer with Warranty) £35,000
Spent on it c£15,000 - all none essential (£4k of that was seats and excludes Air con condensor and evaporator covered by warranty lol)

So I reckon I would get £50k for it pretty easily = cheap motoring :grin:

but the best bit it is likely to cost me much less in the next few years (mainly becasue I'm running out of things to do with it) but prices are only going one way :eek:

There, I now have IMS :nooo:

I paid £13k for my 1995 993 C4 18 months ago, midnight blue with hard backs, 135k miles, the guy I got it from paid £26k for it from 911virgin 5 years earlier, then spent another £12k on it (clutch etc:) so I recon it was a bargain :grin:

If I sold it what would it fetch, and what would I replace it with :?:

63 views already, 60 from 996 owners :hand:

dorsal fin said:
I paid £13k for my 1995 993 C4 18 months ago, midnight blue with hard backs, 135k miles, the guy I got it from paid £26k for it from 911virgin 5 years earlier, then spent another £12k on it (clutch etc:) so I recon it was a bargain :grin:

If I sold it what would it fetch, and what would I replace it with :?:

I don't think there will be many 993 owners who bought in the 2 years leading up to summer 2013 who are not onto a winner :thumb:

Come to think of it, even if you bought now I think you are still onto a winner :D

...hence why the nick-name of my 993 C2S is "The Pension Fund"

:D

Funnily enough thats what I tell people, "Its part of my pension" :thumb:

Gives you a warm feeling inside to have zero depreciation :bandit:

Perhaps IMS issues are not as bad as they are cracked up to be :wink:

jonttt said:
I don't think there will be many 993 owners who bought in the 2 years leading up to summer 2013 who are not onto a winner :thumb:

Come to think of it, even if you bought now I think you are still onto a winner :D

I bought mine in March, and already think I'd turn a nice profit! If the car was based here at the time instead of Germany, I reckon it would have gone for a lot more...

It's cheating if you include breaking the car for parts! :p

If someone saw it now, sans spolier and splitters, you would think that was the case!! :D

Must look Cat D :grin:

I'll give you 70p in the £ for the rest :thumbs:

I once bought another Dyson DC03 when they stopped making them (for spares) as I love my "aqualung" DC03 (not in that way :oops:).

I say "once", but nine years on, the "spare" is still in the garage loft as the bloody original one is yet to die! (perhaps it will have appreciated, like the other aircooleds - with just "delivery" miles it must be worth circa £1,500 now :dontknow: )

Part ex for my 3.2 in 2002 interestingly 35k, since then 25k sunroof delete and respray, full RS suspension say 10k, RS aero kit etc, etc. Still no where near what Jackal has forked out. Looks like a 250k car probably still worth 35k but it feels priceless.

Richyd said:
...hence why the nick-name of my 993 C2S is "The Pension Fund"

:D

Presumably, the pre-Weissach axled vehicles are called "Hedge Funds" :dont know:

Scarily I think you're about right at £50k.

I paid £32k for mine 11 years ago, but have spent £18k in the last 3 years - again nothing imperative but the OCD kicked in and it spent a couple of fortnights with Byfleet :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back