Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche OE v Textar Pads

Ian Donkin

Monza
That's a lot of tax for a Porsche Design logo IMHO:

I can live with the saving - just a good job I don't have OPC Warranty!

Fair point Ian. I totally follow you.
If you look on the rear of the pads, non OE, there will be a blank disc, that is where the Porsche stamp goes ;-)
I'll be needing new pads soon so may go for EBC Yellows'
I believe they are a good all round pad.
:thumb:

plavix said:
Ian Donkin said:
That's a lot of tax for a Porsche Design logo IMHO.
You could draw the logo on with a crayon. :dont know:
:grin:

michelin said:
If you look on the rear of the pads, non OE, there will be a blank disc, that is where the Porsche stamp goes ;-)

They squeal like a bitch though!

Cheers Rag.
One purchase I will not be making!
How do the red fair?

ragpicker said:
michelin said:

michelin said:
Cheers Rag.
One purchase I will not be making!
How do the red fair?

ragpicker said:
michelin said:

The reds are much better to be honest. I've had a few sets of yellows in my old 4S and my track car and they always squeal. Its not too much of an issue when you're tracking but for a daily driver they are unbearable, even with new backing plates.

I thought I'd give the reds a go and they have been just as good on track but have been silent under normal daily use too. A much better choice IMO! :thumb:

I have not used the Reds in a Porsche but did in my previous BMW and TBH was not too impressed.

Once warm they worked well, but until they were warmed up they were very wooden - of bigger concern was that the friction material of 1 pad came apart on both the F & R - so its not just a simple bad batch.

Oh they produced much less dust than the BMW pads.

MarkGolf said:
Where did you get the textar pads out of interest?

I used carparts4less.co.uk as they were cheaper than their sister sites (EuroCarParts and 911carparts).

The new pads are making a lot more dust than the old ones did albeit they now work far better too!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back