Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT 996 Oil

Mickeystewart

Can someone recommend what oil I should use in my GT2 996, just showed up today with check oil level, slightly low

What oil and how much to put in without damage - 1litre?

'Which oil' is debated and argued often on here with nothing other than differences of opinion and further debate.

If it was my car I would drop the existing, change the filter and run Millers Nanodrive.

The Mobil 1 guys and a few others will be along soon..............

This is more a specific question about how much to top up with. I would check the owners manual for that. As for which oil, any correct grade fully synthetic which meets the manufacturers spec should do the job, change at least once a year.

MC

How much? IIRC the spread from bottom to top is about a litre. If it is at the bottom mark: get it all nice and hot, leave to sit for a couple of minutes, add half a litre, recheck. If now around the mid mark that will do, otherwise put a bit more in. Recheck after you have next driven it to be happy that it is where it should be.

I just changed oil and stuck to mobil 1 0w40. if it works for Porsche then it works for me. they take just under 9 litres (8.8l) so 2 lots of 5 litres gives you some for top up if needed.

I will do the odd track day and Europe trip so its not a racer!

changed the gearbox oil and that made a huge difference to the gearchange. much nicer and less notchy. it was a little low too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back