Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heads up on the Red Turbo... save yourself a call ;)

Paza3

Nurburgring
The red turbo on PH with 17k on the clock!

I called about it today as was interested myself , not good news.... apparently the owner moved abroad 4 years and its sat in storage ever since ... has only two services in its history... 1 at Porsche 6 years ago I guess its first service.... and the only other one is done by the garage themselves! :/ so non OPC.

Awesome spec and looks perfect i LOVE IT , But there is no province of milage / history or condition and to be fair could be 5-7k worth of work easy.. thats before some stuck dodgy actuators ???

Paza

http://www.morgancars.net/stock.html?car=134455175

134455177.400.jpg

That would not put me off....it's priced to sell at the end of the day and the first job would be to take it for a major service at an OPC and sort out what needs to be done.

Each to their own. But I think that car will not hang around for long at that price and that mileage.

~ Maxie

Paza3 said:
....and to be fair could be 5-7k worth of work easy.. thats before some stuck dodgy actuators ???
How are you coming up with this figure?

~ Maxie

Well working on new tyres all round , maybe the PCCB will need attention , stuck callipers maybe? , paint correction depending on the storage set up, PPI and full service I would be really cautious of a car with that history just personal view i guess and being in NI its not down the road... cars do not generally do well sitting dormant for long periods. Maybe 5-7 is a bit high in all fairness :?:.. thats a fair point

At 39k I would be maybe tempted to go with one one with a few more miles and history and ownership over a ultra low mile one with patchy history .. still nearly 40k so still quite a punt... like you say with the lovely spec its sure to find a new home

Paza3, looking for another Red 911 :roll: :thumb: :bandit:

911UK said:
Paza3, looking for another Red 911 :roll: :thumb: :bandit:

:D :lol:

Well am a sucker for a red porker

Maxie you get me thinking now :oops: :?...hmmmm... paying for a OPC PPI would answer all of these concerns

Paza3 said:
Maxie you get me thinking now :oops: :?...hmmmm... paying for a OPC PPI would answer all of these concerns
Indeed. And I'd bet you could haggle the price down even further. If you could target, say, £36,995 (I'd offer him £36k cash) and see how you get on from there. Car looks in immaculate condition with most options and at the very least it's worth paying for a PPI. But that's imo only. Who knows, it may only need a major service with no advisories and you'd be laughing. I still say, that car won't be on sale for long.

Good luck.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Maxie said:
That would not put me off....it's priced to sell at the end of the day and the first job would be to take it for a major service at an OPC and sort out what needs to be done.

Each to their own. But I think that car will not hang around for long at that price and that mileage.

~ Maxie

Agreed, here is one with more miles and year older for 10K more.

http://www.alexandersprestige.co.uk/porsche-911-36-turbo-997-1

Cracking spec - good price, what's the issue?

Even if it needs tyres and other work, with some careful shopping it will still be a good buy.

Too good to be true :?:
Got to be a catch some where ?

Maxie said:
Paza3 said:
Indeed. And I'd bet you could haggle the price down even further. If you could target, say, £36,995 (I'd offer him £36k cash) and see how you get on from there. Car looks in immaculate condition with most options and at the very least it's worth paying for a PPI. But that's imo only. Who knows, it may only need a major service with no advisories and you'd be laughing. I still say, that car won't be on sale for long.

Good luck.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Leaves a difficult position on price thats all i guess. as its just been listed... well maybe it deserves a bit more attention, Its a looker and great spec .. i was just really unsure about it sitting still for 4 years :? ... is this not a concern then...

i give them a call tommorow maybe see what they say regarding a PPI and price, keep you updated :)

Do they cover Northern Ireland? would OPC not be the default choice

£39K....I's almost be tempted for that price (if I wanted a red car) and take my chances! :mrgreen:

With that mileage I can't imagine much being wrong with it, even if it has sat for a long time. Quick once over at OPC and job done.

Like Maxie says, I can't see it hanging around for long.....

You lot have almost emptied my bank account and bank transferred it for me and am even in the process of pitching it back to the mrs! lol feel silly for dismissing it so quickly now :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back