Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Painting Calipers

elliot_holder

Nurburgring
Hi all,

Currently spending some time on the car to get it looking as good as possible in preparation for my up-coming wedding where its being used as our wedding car. (Perfect excuse to buy a few new bits, and generally get it looking great :D)

Anyway, I've had the car detailed and it looks great, only thing letting it down are the calipers which have a couple of chips and are a little faded.

Have inquired about getting them painted but for the money I've been quoted I'll just do it myself (have painted plenty of calipers in the past, and have always come out looking great)

Only issue I'm having is where to buy the appropriate colour Red, as I want to ensure that its exactly the same (or as close as possible) to OEM colour/spec.

Anyone know where I could buy some from?

If you want to touch up chips, Guards Red is nigh on perfect. Recently did mine.
I guess if you want to completely re paint you'll need paint suitable for the heat produced but if it's small marks where peeps have been less than careful putting wheels back on, the touch up doesn't seem to be affected.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back