Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommendations for underbody welding?

MikeB993

Morning

Can anyone recommend a decent body repairer/welder in the West Midlands?

My 993 has a bit of tin worm in the luggage bay that I'd like to have cut out and repaired.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,
Might be a bit too far north, but I've used Shorade in Cannock, they did my old 993 windscreen and scuttle repair etc. They do excellent work but they aren't the cheapest. I think they're still a Porsche approved bodyshop.
Good Luck.

Hi Mike,

Manhattan Motors in Coventry. Google for number and address.

They have worked on several of my cars including my 993, and are recommended by the local Indy, PCT. They recently did the chassis rails on my 993.

The place doesn't look much but their work is top notch.

pp

......just had mine done by E & A Coachworks in NW London ...... so not much help for you ....... good luck.

Hiya Madalaa

Can you please give me a ballpark on cost and how long it took them? Was both sides?

All the best

Berni

Hi Berni, it was just the inside where there was rust and that was mostly around the battery area. I don't know how much that cost as I had a lot of other stuff done at the same time including new windscreen and scuttle repair plus other trim replaced but I imagine it was about a couple of hundred quid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back