Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen 2 cab...Does the key lower the hood

highway

Mexico City
Borrowing a 997 Gen 2 cab. My understanding was the key drop/raises the top. Only this key doesn't. WAs this a cost option? Can I get the key programmed to do this without applying a death ray to my wallet?

Would have been nice to give the car back to its owner with this feature added in.

Well "H" it was my understanding that the 911 had this feature over the Boxster . If there is a roof button on the remote then it can be programmed to work and has probably been disabled.

It can be done by an OPC .

Each key needs to be programmed .

neil_c said:
Well "H" it was my understanding that the 911 had this feature over the Boxster . If there is a roof button on the remote then it can be programmed to work and has probably been disabled.
+1.

Needs to be programmed with PIWIS. OPC might do it for free if you smile broadly.

What is piwis? How much would this have cost if specced from new?

there should be 3 buttons on the key
one to unlock the car
one to unlock the front tub/ boot/bonnet
rear one for the roof, you need to hold it down for the entire length of the hood folding

Seà±or Pearce

You have made me a happy chap. I phoned the local OPC's this morning ( yet more longstanding service staff have left) and queried this. £59.40 for 30 mins examination of key fob with no guarantee of functionality at the end. Car is out of warranty.

Here's the rub, until reading your post, I assumed top button was to lock/unlock AND raise/lower roof. I ASSUMED the other buttons popped front boot and rear engine cover.

Your tip above has saved me £59.40'and will allow me to cheer my bro in law up no end when I astound him with this feature on his return, thanks a lot! :thumb:

To complete your good deeds PX my 993 to a gen 2 cab! How long till this isn't costing me much?.

£59.40 to just look at it?

Some OPC's need to get a reality check - a lesson in how to keep potential customers way!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back