Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 smells of rotten eggs

David_Baker

My 993 , ( 1995) has just developed a rotten egg smell It seems to come form mid car, and is strong when garaged. Might this be the cats that are cooked or the battery regulator, or the battery that is kaput?

Have you by any chance been driving through France with your windows down? :?:

Got AC and not used it for some time? Could be mildew that forms on the evaporator core. You need to put one of those smoke bombs in and recycle the air to get rid. And then keep you AC on ideally all the time

David_Baker said:
AC was actually regassed a month ago, and is always used all of the the time

That could still be your problem if the smell is coming through the vents. Any damp at all under the carpet/sound foam?

Have you done the 'sniff test' on the battery regulator and cat :dont know:

Smell not coming through vents, but seems to be around the centre of the car. Not a strong whiff under the bonnet either

Any skid marks on a rear seat :dont know:

Have you checked under the carpets - damp/mold/dead animal :?:

....... mine just smells of leather, hot oil and a dash of Shell V Power ........ :)

Apart from that ....... reckon it has to be the air-con ....... I have read of similar problems with other "lesser" cars ...... :)

madalaa said:
....... mine just smells of leather, hot oil and a dash of Shell V Power ........ :)

Mine smells of Brut.

Well it did say "splash it all over" :dont know:

Could just be you screen wash. That can smell rotten if left for long periods.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back