Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ecu issues and repair replacement

1066biker

Help! :?:
Apparently my ecu is malfunctioning and I need to replace it or have it repaired any ideas 996 c4
Neil

I'd guess a replacement is the best solution. Buying a used part is no guarantee. Someome who repairs is a possibility - but do they know what they are doing?

Replacement will be heaps of money I'd guess - its the brain behind the car after all and performs extremely complicated monitoring and functions. I'd say it is four figures - but then I'm no expert.

need more detail.

What is going wrong?

Repair (clone) is only really an option if you can read all the data off the old ecu. there are guys out there who can sort you out.

As already said you are looking at £1000-1200 for the ecu then dealer coding. not cheap

I had to replace a ECU in a car a few years ago, I got a replacement ECU from a dismantlers for around £150-200, had a dealer reprogramme for another £100. (albeit not Porsche).

A quick look on Ebay shows ECU, Alarm Module and Keys for circa £400-500

In all my years working on cars I've never seen an ECU go bad. It can happen though, only reason shown at BMW Dealer is people fitting incorrect Coil Packs, or changing just one at a time..

Anyway - you can 'sync' another ECU to run your car. Make sure the numbers on the unit match i.e. 996*** ***** on the label. From there the .bin file on eprom can be copied over, along with the e2prom and processor information.

I'd buy a spare from eBay then post to whichever company mentioned above. Or... as Paul said, pay a premium for the same thing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back