Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Upgrading Gen 1 lights to Gen 2?

Attachments

• dectane_362.jpg
    dectane_362.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 4,497
plavix said:
Xstyle said:
Thanks!!!!
I love it!!! You (car's) rear looks so much better!
You should see the front! :floor:

If you're expecting a bite - not going to happen !! :bandit:

symoonbeam said:
If you're expecting a bite - not going to happen !! :bandit:

BT causing problems - ADSL download speed 6.96 Mbps , upload speed 0.01 Mbps , ping 286 ms

It might take a while as file is 3.6gb !!

So is this mod really worth doing :dont know:

I've no issue with the standard gen 1 lights and I'd prefer spending the money upgrading the PCM unit instead*

*assuming it's possible :?:

Chimp, as ever, its your call mate. Loads have done it, others don't like it...

:dont know:

Nick_MSM said:
The DRL are plug and play however if you want true DRL function, i.e they turn on when ignition is switched on you need to order their module c£30 or so. They'll work without this but you'll need to turn light switch to the first position and of course your rear lights will be on too.

Edited to say, I forgot cars with Sport Chrono should have a DRL function on one of the PCM menus. From what I've read some of these cars will still need programming to get it to work. I don't have SC on my car hence need for a module.
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=90804&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

I have Sports Chrono. How can I check that I don't need the DRL module?
(Still deciding which light manufacturer to go with too, Rolotec or Dectane!)

I did both the front and rears.
The only issue I have is if I turn the car off without turning the lights off upon getting back in the car my reg plate lights don't illuminate. A simple on/off routine cures the problem. :thumb:

michelin said:
I did both the front and rears.
The only issue I have is if I turn the car off without turning the lights off upon getting back in the car my reg plate lights don't illuminate. A simple on/off routine cures the problem. :thumb:

Do you mean if you have used the "Home" function? Otherwise I would have thought you would have a flat battery!!

It's only when I leave the car for say 5 mins or so.
:thumb:

I like the rear LED lights, but I've switched the DRLs off. I guess I'm in the minority.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back