Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

With sunshine comes... madness?

ch3tman

Suzuka
Madness from a clueless Qashqai driver that is. Yesterday, it seems the sun was a little too much for her; she clipped the rear bumper of my parked 993 :frustrated:.

Luckily a few witnesses saw it happening, called me, and I ran to the scene just as she was trying to make a getaway...:evil:...

2c1XDL5.jpg

(ignore the yellows, its now a private road)
4zbh2rR.jpg

cdcSp3z.jpg

She tried playing it down saying "it's only cosmetic" and "only a few scratches" - she had no idea of the damage across two doors on her own car until I started taking photos of it! :roll:. She asked for a quote to settle privately but quickly baulked once the body-shop responded.

I've informed my Insurance as a FYI but intend to deal directly with her insurers tomorrow. Whilst there are several eye-witnesses (to whom I am thankful for!) something tells me it won't be smooth sailing...

The drawbacks of using the 993 almost daily. Painful :(.

People who damage other folks cars in car parks then pretend it doesn't matter really boils my pish. My brother's ex was always doing it and so did/does my best mate's wife. Their enormous child carrying nappy wagon had damage on every corner.They scrape other cars in car parks and drive off not having any idea of what they've just done. Glad you managed to get some witnesses, otherwise the dopey tart would've denied all responsibility. She might think twice how she drives now she's got an increase on her annual premiums looming. :frustrated:

Good luck with the claim. Did it also crack the indicator or is it a trick of the light?

Shurv said:
Glad you managed to get some witnesses, otherwise the dopey tart would've denied all responsibility.

She pretty much froze when I asked her if she was trying to leave without leaving me a note. It's a private road with private parking for corporate use only, so taking into account she can one way or another be described as a 'colleague', her clear intent to escape was despicable :nooo:.

Shurv said:
She might think twice how she drives now she's got an increase on her annual premiums looming. :frustrated:

Trying not to think about my own premium at this moment in time!
A Google search shows up its likely that a non-fault claim = increase.

RobIpswichUK said:
Good luck with the claim. Did it also crack the indicator or is it a trick of the light?

Thanks - indicator seems fine - though now want to have another look!.
A fellow 911UKer had a look over the damage earlier today which was very helpful & appreciated :thumb:.

ragpicker said:
I'm sure it'll all work out in the end, it could have been a lot worse! Good on whoever it was that alerted you so promptly though!

Is that a standard E46 m3 with CSL wheels in the pic or a CS? Or even a proper CSL?

Thanks, yes, could've been a lot worse. The people who spotted what was happening mentioned they ogle the 993 everyday and tend to keep an eye on it :lol:.
Not looking forward to the inevitably long winded process & hope she has been honest with her side of the story...

It's my colleague's E46 M3 with the 'Competition Package' - I've driven it and conclude it's a great car :).

No cctv footage?

A friend of mine parked in one of my spaces and came back to a damaged car. When we checked cctv a tenant had fallen of her scooter into the car. She had parked next to it and just fell off trying to get on. When confronted the next day she denied it until told there was cctv. I immediately cancelled her parking access in spite. Hate people like that.

Sorry to see and hear about this - this type of thing is bad enough when it's a 'normal' car but when it happens to a loved 993 it's just that little bit worse somehow!

Hope you get it all sorted soon! :thumb:

Bummer, that's a whole lot of unwanted agro I'm sure you could do without :nooo:

Good luck with sorting it all out.

My sympathies to you.

But at least you caught her!! :x

Imagine how you would have felt if she had got away.

Reminds me of this brilliant video by Kimbo. I love the "thank God it is not a new one.." :floor:

I followed a lady in a 63 Reg' BMW convertible this afternoon and was very distracted by the fact that, despite the bright sun and 34 degree heat, she not only had her lights on but also her foglights (2 front, 2 rear).

We both got held up in a queue due to a traffic accident so I walked to the front of her car to check that the front was illuminated the same as the rear before speaking to her. Her response was that she always drives with her lights on but didn't know she had the fog lights on as well. She added that she hadn't got a clue where the switches were for them and as I reached in to point them out she smacked my hand like I was a naughty schoolboy.

She didn't say another word - and certainly didn't offer any thanks.

ps. In case you're interested she was what my son calls 'a Kronenbourg'. Her long hair blowing in the breeze made her look 16. From the front she was more like 66. :wink:

T8 said:
ps. In case you're interested she was what my son calls 'a Kronenbourg'. Her long hair blowing in the breeze made her look 16. From the front she was more like 66. :wink:

Love it.

:)

However, reading between the lines, I believe this is what your post should've said.....

I was ogling a hot chick in a BMW convertable, and at the lights I leapt out to try and chat her up, and tell her about my Porsche.

However when I saw her from the front I realised she was only 10 years younger than myself, and thought 'fair game' and put my hand into her car. She smacked my hand away.

Back on topic..

OP,
It may well be straightforward, TP insurers tend to deal better with claims nowadays as they don't want to end up with massive hire costs etc. make sure you insist on using your own choice of bodyshop. Who are the TPI?

My brother's Boxster was hit when he left it parked once in the street. The driver just drove off, but luckily for my brother a passer by saw the entire thing and left a note with the registration of the car and her phone number so he could call her as a witness. Switched on woman!

Sorry to hear about this one. I'm sure it will be sorted.

With those red shoes and tight jeans controling the car may have been difficult :dont know:

Cnuts. :what: People who just drive off. Happened to the father in laws car at Tesco. Mother in law was sat in it when a 4 x 4 reversing out of the next space scraped all the door and then just drove off :frustrated: Mind you taking on the MiL is a different matter and the driver probably thought twice. Bulldog chewing a wasp :what:

Reminds me of the story by Bernard Manning when he weent to watch a Man City game where local 'kids' would provide street security and 'look after your car' whilst at the match.

"Look after your car mister for a fiver"
"No need son, there's a rottweiler in that car that'll rip yer ***** head off if you go near it"
"Oh right. It can put fires out can it?"

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back