Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Special Cruise harness?

MiXAL

Hi There,

I was trying to install cruise to my 997 but the connector on the wiper stalk already has a yellow cable connected to it. I have cruise stalk installed but no wires connected while the short harness I have has no place to connect to. Does anyone know a solution? Special harness, Y-cable, adapter or what?

MiXAL said:
plavix said:

Nope. That one is not the cable I need. I have that cable but there isn't a free connector for it.
4, 6, 8 and 10 are what is required:

903_10.gif

If your vehicle is an '05, MY2006, you may have an alternate 1 (Electronic Unit). Do you have the fitting instructions from the retrofit kit (99704490300)?

plavix said:
MiXAL said:
plavix said:

Nope. That one is not the cable I need. I have that cable but there isn't a free connector for it.

903_10.gif

If your vehicle is an '05, MY2006, you may have an alternate 1 (Electronic Unit). Do you have the fitting instructions from the retrofit kit (99704490300)?

My car is '06 and I have all those parts 4, 6, 8 and 10, but the problem is that there is already a cable connected to number two (wiper stalk) so the cable, number 6 in the picture, has no place to connect to. I don't have any instructions but I have installed the same set to 987 Boxster. There were no problems while the wiper stalk had free connector.

MiXAL

MiXAL said:
plavix said:
MiXAL said:
plavix said:

903_10.gif

My car is '06 and I have all those parts 4, 6, 8 and 10, but the problem is that there is already a cable connected to number two (wiper stalk) so the cable, number 6 in the picture, has no place to connect to. I don't have any instructions but I have installed the same set to 987 Boxster. There were no problems while the wiper stalk had free connector.

MiXAL

I just retro fitted the cruise control to my car. The parts diagram picture is misleading. The cable does not connect to the wiper. It loops around the back and plugs into the main switch connector board. Also the screws needed are much longer than the parts diagram shows.

Hi Guys
Can you please tell me where I should order the parts from?
OPC or online ?
Thank you

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back