Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Outdoor car cover?

alcarmichael

Spa-Francorchamps
When we reach the end of summer (we may already be there!) I will be taking the Porsche off the road. I'm without a garage for the foreseeable so was wondering whether it would be wise to invest in a good quality outdoor cover? Opinions please?

unless you mean car port, then my experience of these has been fairly poor. in the past they have caused damage to paintwork when the wind makes them flap around and effectively rub the paint to a dull finish in the key points of contact between the cover and the car. on one point it got all the way down to the primer.
They may have gotten better since then or maybe i was just being a skinflint and bought one on the cheap but i would never bother again.

Bought a storm force cover and it's great, tight fit no flapping around and made to fit. No marks on the paint after 4 months

Friend recommend it after using it on his GT3 RS

Matt

My car has been outside for the last four months at my sons ( we are renting after selling our house ) considered cover but for the reasons mentioned have not used one. He lives on the Yorkshire moors so windy :eek:

Having to wash on a regular basis and the main problem is black stains from acid rain. Good news is we have bought a house ( with a garage ) so will get my baby under cover for the winter :)

It's taken so long to find a garage, I mean house for the wife :D

I've finally sorted myself a garage so I no longer have to worry about this issue.

Pleased you found a garage, as long term storage in my experience does rub the paint.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back