Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1977 2.7 Front Strut Insert Issues

Jase77

Evening all.

This is my first technical post on here and I have a feeling it won't' be my last.

So, I started to change the front strut inserts on the Porker this afternoon after work. To say I was well prepared was an understatement. I had the brilliant 101 Projects book, The Haynes manual (only for torque settings), all the tools required in place, two trolley jacks and two axle stands. I have read, re read, and read some more about what is required and I think I could recite the 101 book word for word.

So, guess what brought everything to a grinding halt.......the bloody insert just would not pull out! Yes I removed the roll pin and up to this point all was peachy. I could press and rotate the insert inside the strut but it would not come free. It would move up to a point and then stop and no amount of pulling or colorful language would free it. It's as though loads of grease was added previously and now it's created an air tight chamber!?

Have any of you guys experienced anything similar and if so I would be very grateful to hear about your chosen method of removal. I would rather not remove the strut completely as I have just had my alignment set up nicely.

Any feedback would be great.
Cheers,
Jason.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back