Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 930, is it the alarm/immobiliser?

Dave49

My 930 has been off the road for a number of years and now i want to MOT it BUT I think my alarm/immobiliser is preventing it starting.
It is a Thatcham cat 1 Serpi Star GR 480 (no longer made)
The car battery was recently replaced after the other had died many years ago. When I reconnected the new battery I got no sound from the siren, the remotes open and close the doors and the engine turns over and the lights flash as I lock the doors but no siren sounds as before.
Question: Do I need to reset or re-synchronise the immobiliser as it has been without power for so long. Normally it would not let me reconnect or disconnect the battery without a blast from the siren. Any ideas?

Part of the issue with older cars, is that it was common to just add another alarm system to the car as technology changed over the years.

You might find you have a few systems hooked up.

You'll have to spend some time to remove all of the systems you might have hidden away.

Also worth checking that the alternator is working correctly.

911UK said:
Part of the issue with older cars, is that it was common to just add another alarm system to the car as technology changed over the years.

You might find you have a few systems hooked up.

You'll have to spend some time to remove all of the systems you might have hidden away.

Also worth checking that the alternator is working correctly.

Good advice above, I had to remove a old one in my 930 it had part of the system loom. So of it was just cut off behind the dash doing nothing. Remove the siren fit another cheap one, to it see if it makes a sound then. That would be a start for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back