Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My in-car video from Nurburgring (near miss!)

Hmmmm , jurys still out on that one ,,, I think the black turbo had the racing line and had claimed the corner to be honest :cop:

I saw a Porsche Turbo having a leisurely toodle around, keeping well off the kerbs, nearly getting rammed in the rear nearside by somebody in race-mode going for a narrow gap on the inside of a corner.

Personally I'd have waited until the straight 100 yards / 5 seconds later on before attempting the pass.

Re: My in-car video from the Nurburgring (near miss!)

Partyvan said:

The line moves from the right to the left, which is the line the Turbo is takling. He would have had to stayed noticeable to the right to give you the space.

The Kerbs at least have a bit more grip than the grass, let's chalk that one as a place one shouldnt try to overtake at.

In my defence he was on the wrong side of the road. Drive on the right and keep to the right in Europe. I should have been free to pass on the left

Roro said:
I thought you weren't supposed to overtake on corners at trackdays? Or was this a TF day?

TF day. Trackdays are dull by comparison.

Quote In my defence he was on the wrong side of the road. Drive on the right and keep to the right in Europe. I should have been free to pass on the left

Not on a corner :hand:

Another good reason not to do TF days. OP, what were you thinking was going to happen as you headed for the decreasing gap?

You may find more sympathy on the Type-R forum.
Remind us again what your signature is?

Yeah I can't see the turbo driver doing much wrong either. Not so sure about the chap in the Type R though.

I would've been a bit annoyed if someone had tried to wrongly nip past me on a corner which is clearly my right of way.

Funny how the turbo is happily plodding along at 30% attack yet the civic driver has his balls on fire to catch up!

I assumed he would be keeping an eye on his mirrors and realise I was significantly faster than him, despite being in a front wheel drive car with half the power.

The other 911's I overtook were similarly hostile in letting me past, even more so with the older aircooled ones. Other marques seemed to be much more willing to follow the law and be courteous.

Partyvan said:
I assumed he would be keeping an eye on his mirrors and realise I was significantly faster than him, despite being in a front wheel drive car with half the power.

The other 911's I overtook were similarly hostile in letting me past, even more so with the older aircooled ones. Other marques seemed to be much more willing to follow the law and be courteous.

Ok, so you are a driving god and all Porsche owners are w4nkers. Simple fact is that was a stupid place to try and pass anything, you video proves that. Even if he was looking in his mirrors he would have not expected a lunge down the inside at that place on the circuit, no one would and rightly so.

With no driver briefing, poorly understood etiquette, no policing of behaviour and no marshalling this is why TF gets the rep it does.

Partyvan said:

Senoj said:
Partyvan said:

Ok, so you are a driving god and all Porsche owners are w4nkers. Simple fact is that was a stupid place to try and pass anything, you video proves that. Even if he was looking in his mirrors he would have not expected a lunge down the inside at that place on the circuit, no one would and rightly so.

With no driver briefing, poorly understood etiquette, no policing of behaviour and no marshalling this is why TF gets the rep it does.

+1

:judge:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back