Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 914 1.7. New pics July 2019

kas750

I fancy something to mess around with and i like the thought of something different and a 914 would be a great little car for pottering around town.
Where do I start???..
Any constructive help appreciated :oops:

Oh and a little bit of piss taking is ok too! :D

I'd start with an American import unless you can find one over here at the right price and not too far gone.

This is probably not a bad place to start when they've got them in: http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/inventory.htm

Actually I'm liking these the more I see them and wouldn't mind picking one up before the prices start getting out of hand :roll:

I concur. Those things are as cool as a very cool thing. Especially the 914-6.

Zingari said:
I'd start with an American import unless you can find one over here at the right price and not too far gone.

This is probably not a bad place to start when they've got them in: http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/inventory.htm

Actually I'm liking these the more I see them and wouldn't mind picking one up before the prices start getting out of hand :roll:

I have had an interest in these for many years and I think the styling is looking ok now.At the money they have to be worth a punt.
They are sure to set sail soon!

Just bought it, or is it for sale :?:

I admitted my secret (of about 20 years) last week about the need for one of these, BUT if I get more time on my hands I'd like to fit Boxster running gear to one. Prices are expensive from when I was looking at buying a Cali import as they were about £1000, they are about 10K for a reasonalble RHD at the moment.

kas750 said:

I don't get it, The whole thing is Aesthetically repulsive, it's like some visually challenged German in the 1960's looked at a Lotus Elan and thought "Hey, I could make something similar, yet so mind numbingly ghastly that even people that love the brand will pretend it never existed" and the (presumably boss eyed) designer next to him said "Yes, lets make a visual abortion of a car that's miles away from what we do best just to see if people really will buy a turd with the name Porsche on it".

The reason the designers of this four wheeled vomit are not well known, is because shortly after completing this pile of rancid automotive bile, they poked out their eyes with their pencils and fed themselves into the shredder.
:nooo:

It's not for me, in a herpes kind of way.
:thumb:

Clarky, could you be a little clearer please. What are you saying, the you're kinda on the fence with this one?

Chief said:
Clarky, could you be a little clearer please. What are you saying, the you're kinda on the fence with this one?

Chief, If I was given the choice between having to own one of these or shagging you, then you would be a wise man to start running...

:grin:

Right, got it. Just wasn't clear on where you stood. I'll get me trainers on....

Its nice to see I have triggered some healthy debate! :mrgreen:

Chief said:

I think the point is you cant polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter :grin:

This guy loves his 914-6

Admittedly the looks aren't to everyones taste (One things for sure is that clarkycat wants one :grin: ). However that 914-6 in that vid looks like a really fun little car to drive especially with no roof 8)
Makes a good noise too :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back