Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo - green label in engine bay

Paul_911

Montreal
A relatively quick question guys - does anyone know if it is possible to buy the green label located in the engine bay (shown in the image provided below) from anywhere? Is this something a OPC could supply me with?

A section of our existing label has fallen victim to the power hose as some stage I think. :sad:

Many thanks.

Paul

Is this label unobtainable then guys?

Any help appreciated as it always annoys me - especially as I've this years PCGB concourse coming up next month!

Thanks! :)

I don't know if the OPC can supply these, I would call them for you but they will be closed until tomorrow. Are you able to call them in the morning or do you need somebody to help you out?

MC

Welcome to club OCD. :D
I thought I would be the only one to worry about losing something like that

Cheers for the replies guys - will give the OPC a ring to see if I can get hold of one!

I was only asking in case anyone knew that they maybe weren't available as I know I'm going to appear a larger spanner than usual walking into the parts department and trying to explain that I require a replacement for a little green label for the inside of my 996 Turbo's engine bay... :grin:

Thanks!

Paul

bah... why did I read this thread.. my ocd means I know need to go and check my engine bay and if there is not a green label in there I am going to lie awake at night.

Get someone that has one to see if it has a porsche part number on it.

Nastymatt said:
bah... why did I read this thread.. my ocd means I know need to go and check my engine bay and if there is not a green label in there I am going to lie awake at night.

I assume you are being sarcastic - it isn't make me lose sleep or anything however if I could pick a new one I would pay the couple of pence it is likely to be I would get a replacement! :thumb:

I am going to have to check if I have one... maybe not stay awake at night tho. :D

I will have a look to see if I have one. I did notice that my mobil 1 sticker was not complete when I was washing the car at the weekend. I guess I won't be entering any competitions with my car.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I will have a look to see if I have one. I did notice that my mobil 1 sticker was not complete when I was washing the car at the weekend. I guess I won't be entering any competitions with my car.

MC

I must add that we use our Turbo all the time - it is far from a trailer queen and I drive it as intended quite a lot (not in a way as to abuse the car though).

However I am a PCGB member and do enter the car into their concourse when it comes around and it is always nice to have the car right for it - in fact it has won a couple of trophies in recent years.

I think you can get a balance between looking after and car and enjoying it on the road! A car sitting in the garage purely to polish doesn't interest me but each to their own!

Thought I'd add a few images...

At PCGB Open Day 2013

Nice Turbo, like the NI Reg. I've just picked up a 6 digit reg myself, really makes a car.

Keith

keithrobinson said:
Nice Turbo, like the NI Reg. I've just picked up a 6 digit reg myself, really makes a car.

Keith

Thanks Keith - remember speaking to you briefly on here before! The NI is at home on the car because as I too am from NI (Banbridge).

We got the number for the Turbo when we bought it around 3 years ago - thought it was fitting to the car! My number is *DZ 77 which used to be our 'Porsche number' but I was given (...ok stole) that a number of years ago for my own car!

Your car looks the business as well - I can recommend the local region of the club very highly if aren't already aware of it that is! :thumb:

I know this is an old thread but my green label became brittle and broke off so i have bought a new one... not cheap!! £23 delivered :eek: but I like my originality.

Attachments

• 8081c9df_81d9_4298_be42_a3e4a36f2adf_548.jpg
    8081c9df_81d9_4298_be42_a3e4a36f2adf_548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,680

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back