Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in a 993 C4S

Polar993TT

Monza
Hi All,

Thought I'd say hello properly now I've found a new 993.

I've just acquired a 1998R 29k mile 993 C4S. I've owned two 993s in the past, an Arctic C4S for a couple of years around 10 years ago and a Polar Turbo for seven years until last year, so I know them pretty well.

This time around I decided to go back to normally aspirated and set about trying to find a special C2S or C4S. The car I found used to be owned by a previous forum member, Mark911, who many of you will no doubt know/remember.

I looked at quite a few cars before settling on this one. It's all about the condition for me and I haven't seen one like this for a long time. It's a little different as it's in special order Cobalt Blue which I love. Interior is classic grey which absolutely wasn't to my tastes when I started my search but I've already grown to like it, perhaps because it's in great condition. And well, you like what you have, right? The car has a number of factory fitted X options including front and rear Aerokit and various aluminium bits such as C4S door sils, dials, gear lever, h/brake etc as well as sunroof and stainless steel tailpipes.

It has an exclusively OPC service history which I'll likely maintain, but I plan to visit the indies for anything significant.

I have not yet grown to like the rear spoiler at all but we'll see how that pans out for a few months. Present plan is to carefully store the spoiler and replace with a regular motorised rear. Entirely a taste thing.

It's picked up a few mods along the way including RSR mufflers, strut brace, HIDs, Motorsound air box, fog ducts, some interior carbon pieces and one of Mark911's front boot clips. For my tastes, all this stuff is likely to stay - I'd always wondered about RSRs and now I know they really do sound great.

The list of jobs-to-do isn't that long and inspection didn't show up much. It's low mileage and a previous PCGB regional concours winner so starts out in good order with no rust or oil leaks. I've spent a few evenings going over the car and not found too much yet. It needs new tyres (the fronts are original!) and the wheels are 95% perfect but not 100% so I will likely have them refurbed. I'll also replace those clear repeaters with amber (I know - heretic!). Both front bump stops boots are torn so that's an excuse to investigate suspension in due course - Centre Gravity is near to me. Beyond that there's a trip computer illumination issue and possibly a stone guard to replace if I can't machine polish out a scratch. I'd like a new stereo too - maybe one of the usual suspect Becker models.

I've attached a couple of pictures. It's presently wearing my spare set of black/silver hollow spokes. I know they doesn't suit the car at all. This is temporary while I take in the original solid wheels for new tyres/refurb or I might have the black hollow spokes redone in silver.

I'm in Warwickshire and I'll definitely try to get along to any Porsche events/days out over the summer.

Thanks for reading.
All the best.

Congrats, a very rare colour indeed. I agree with your plans, the current look is not to everyone's taste and I'm sure it will look even better.

Welcome (back??), loving that special order cobalt blue :worship:

Wow looks great in that colour :thumb:

Very nice WOW! :thumbs: Didn't think Mark would ever sell it. Hope it's got the saggy boot pocket clip in place that he produced a few years ago for a number of us on here - still got mine in...works a treat :thumb:

Looks fantastic love the blue.
Very clean and a keeper, enjoy putting some miles on it.

Cheers all.

@NottsC4S : Indeed it does and very tidy it is too! A small thing that makes a difference.

@Trantorman : I found it by putting an ad on Pistonheads. I had some interesting responses with many cars not on the open market. I thought that going about a search in this way might work out better than trying to jump on one that comes up for sale. Particularly in these times when some dealers just buy up the best cars sight unseen before you even get a chance to look at them.

Congrats on the purchase!

A 1998 car and on just 29k miles - wow. The colour looks stunning - we'll definitely need more photos :).

Welcome back 8)

Cracking car!

Personally I would lose the spoiler and put the wheels back to standard. ChrisW can help you there.

Otherwise enjoy and look forward to seeing the car at some point.

The trip comp back light can often be fixed with a sharp smack from the palm of your hand. For some this has lasted indefinitely.

Personally I would lose the spoiler and put the wheels back to standard.

Yes, those are a different set of wheels. Spare set of black hollowspokes keeping the car off the ground while I sort out the original wheels and get new tyres. I plan to lose the spoiler too but I'm going to see how I feel in a couple months to be sure.

I will set about beating up the trip computer - thanks for the tip!

Amazing example of a 993, well done!

~ Maxie :thumb:

Crikey! That's stunning.

And another thumbs up for those black wheels too...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back