Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 Turbos - How to value?

Winny911

Anybody got a rough idea on how to value a 930 turbo? Good or Bad condition. Any guides on what to look for on a good one? Any must haves i.e. colour

They seem to have gone up in value so quickly and there are few on the market that it's hard to value... Or does that just mean pay what you are happy to pay?

Its hard to imagine a model with more potential pitfalls than an impact bumper 911 turbo.
You need to get one of these checked out by somebody with in-depth knowledge of the bodies and the potential rust areas,which are many.
My brother had a super nice 1978 930 and that had a 20k plus body restoration..and that was over 10 years ago,so that gives you an idea of how much a proper body job can cost.
Value wise I would say they would start at 35k.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=83370

I'm actually toying with the idea of going down the classic 911 route although the thought of a bare shell rebuild does kind of put me off especially when i look at how clean my 996 is

Guess I will just have to wait and see what comes along and assess it on condition.

A 930 is an amazing car to drive..Its the ideal once in a while car which gives big thrills in a short space of time..I am sure that one would be a pain in the ass if used as a daily though! :mrgreen:

Well a idea of the market for you, a 930 project running with MOT needs paint and a few bits sold for over £35k.

Colour choice Black, Red, White. are the main ones.
Then you have the others Green, Brown etc.

While a 85 one I know of for sale at £42k black/black just had top end/gearbox done. Ready to drive and enjoy.

Buy the best you can, for the money you have hold some back for a big bill or two that will follow at some time.

Things overlooked by most owners are Shocks, Bushes, Exhaust, Top End, Oil Pipes, Brakes.
Hence so many worn 930's turn up for sale.
Service history will be mixed Indy, OPC. Its very rare to find any older 911 with all OPC history. So invoice's and work done all add up.
Also these cars are now, over twenty years old so understand that.
Seat will be worn a bit drives side front.
Dealers are selling them for late £40k -£60k now.
Between £30k-£50k Private sale some low mile 930'still need loads of money spent on them. You should be looking for one, that has been driven and looked after and had money spent on the upkeep of the car.
If you are handy with a set of spanners, you can keep the cost down running wise.
The last year of the model had a five speed box all the rest four.

If you want anymore, advice etc PM me can chat over the phone.

Ouch prices seem a bit higher than I though. Thanks for the info though hopfully prices wont keep on riseing or i'll never get one.

Guess I will just keep an eye out and see what turns up

The days of a good 930 at £20k and under are long over prices will not drop to that level again.

My one Insurance value is £65k+

Market has moved on Insurance value it now at 80k.

On another note, I have been offered a 930 LE RHD

I am new to the porsche world, currently own a 996 GT2

Would the 930 be a good investment and what is the current approx value of these, according to the seller they only made 50 LE models and not many and probably single figures in RHD, he is asking 80k

Thanks

Mickeystewart said:
On another note, I have been offered a 930 LE RHD

I am new to the porsche world, currently own a 996 GT2

Would the 930 be a good investment and what is the current approx value of these, according to the seller they only made 50 LE models and not many and probably single figures in RHD, he is asking 80k

Thanks

Pretty sure he is right at 50 units of these. 80k is pretty fair. I think hexagon sold once recently for £120k +

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back