Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlights

steve1

Nurburgring
Hi guy
Going to refurbish the headlights they are looking a bit naff
Will remove the unit but not sure what to do with the headlight washer jet, Can the silver cap be lifted or removed don't fancy trying to sand and polish around it

Thanks Steve

I believe that they do 'pop' off...
A small screwdriver with a cloth over the end and gently prise off :thumb:

Hi, I will be very interested in your results. The lights on my '02 Turbo are needing attention, I have bought a 3M Headlight Restoration kit but haven't plucked up the courage to use it yet. Please let us know how you get on. Did you get the washer caps off ok?
Tony

No not tried yet bit scared to dig it with a screw driver, sounds a bit austin metro

Steve

How about a filler applicator made out of flexible plastic, or a stripping knife wrapped in masking tape? That way you're spreading the pressure over a wider area and less likely to leave an indentation where you're prying.

headlight

Yes looked at drawing sym is right looks like the cap comes off with the jet
will try in next two days

steve

I've removed the silver cap on mine quite a few times. Best way to do it is with 2 people. Get one to activate the headlight washer spray which forces the stalk up and out of the headlight unit. The other person then needs to grab on to the stalk to prevent it from going back down. Quite a bit of force is needed to hold it out so I find it easier to wear some gloves so that I can get a good grip on it.

Once extended, you can see how the silver trim is held onto the stalk by 2 tabs underneath. Just get a small flatblade screwdriver behind one of them and it should come off easily.

I have also refurb'd both my headlights using the 3M kit. Pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions which come with it. Just don't panic when the light goes completely cloudy....it comes up really clear again following the final step :)

Hope this helps !

headlights

Thanks
Just noticed a 911 outside our building must be a visitor, was going to sneak out and prise his off to see if it works
Wont have to now LOL

steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back