Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Cooling Fan

Armes

I have had my 993 now for over three years and whenever it has been taken even for a short run the engine fan has run for about 10-15mins or so after the ignition is turned off. I have noticed this no longer happens. I have had the fan checked out by a Porsche dealer and it was replaced because a field mouse had stored its winter nuts in the fan casing burning out the motor!!

However, having tried it over the weekend even after a 30min drive to warm the engine up the fan still does not run when the ignition is turned off. Not wanting to do any damage, so can anyone tell me what is normal please?

Armes said:
I have had my 993 now for over three years and whenever it has been taken even for a short run the engine fan has run for about 10-15mins or so after the ignition is turned off. I have noticed this no longer happens. I have had the fan checked out by a Porsche dealer and it was replaced because a field mouse had stored its winter nuts in the fan casing burning out the motor!!

However, having tried it over the weekend even after a 30min drive to warm the engine up the fan still does not run when the ignition is turned off. Not wanting to do any damage, so can anyone tell me what is normal please?

Hi,

The fan will only cut in if the engine has reached the right temperature. My car has always lived in hot countries (Kuwait and now Spain) and after a long spirited drive in the winter months the fan will not cut in. It is only now that after a few minutes of switching the engine off will the fan cut in for 5 minutes or so then go off and come back on a few minutes later until the temperature has come down. I believe if you go to ToreBs' web site he explains how this fan works. http://www.porschehvac.bergvill.com/ If I missed anything those with more knowledge will be along shortly.

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back