Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zunsport's Or Not?

Jam911

Albert Park
Can't decide weather to add Zunsport grills or not .

I don't want to remove the bumper and add grills myself but Zunsports seem a good idea but I am slightly worried abut changing the look of the front end.

Anyone have pics of the car with it done including the center grill

Thanks and all comments very welcomed

Here are some pics of my grilles fitted:

~ Maxie

Thanks for the fast post

So they are just the side grills from Zunsport , they look,great and I would not need the center one .

Even better

Jam911 said:
Thanks for the fast post

So they are just the side grills from Zunsport , they look,great and I would not need the center one .

Even better

Welcome. I didn't like the design of the centre grille from Zunsport; it doesn't look nice imo (too 'pushed' out) and as Plavix states, unless you have a centre radiator, it doesn't actually serve any function.

~ Maxie

Thanks I just had the rads and condensers cleaned out and ordered a set of grills . So no more hovering up dirt and fag packets whist driving along .

Cheers

One more question are they an easy fit?

I can't find the thread

Jam
They are easy to fit.
I've got a set on mine and they look excellent!
Go for it, you won't be disappointed.
:thumb:

I have a Zunsport fitting question please?

When fitting the lower grill with the peg , where exactly do you drill a locating hole on the front PU?

Anyone have a pic please?

Thanks

Slightly OT, but I decided not to pursue the after-market grills as I was told they might contravene the terms of my extended OPC warranty.

Anyone know if this is the case..?

John H said:
Slightly OT, but I decided not to pursue the after-market grills as I was told they might contravene the terms of my extended OPC warranty.

Anyone know if this is the case..?

Correct. I have been advised this at Hatfield OPC. They also added that my grilles were doing a wonderful job of protecting the rads and it's a pity that because of them, I can't have a warranty.

~ Maxie

Jam911 said:
When fitting the lower grill with the peg , where exactly do you drill a locating hole on the front PU?
I should have taken pics when doing mine. It's not exact but you drill towards the top outermost corners of the upper intakes.

~ Maxie

Does fitting the grills impact the air in-flow in any way? I realise only a small amount of air will reach the rads, and the grills are there to protect the rads from the debris and elements. However, will fitting grills somehow 'reduce' the air flow circulation to the rads?

Re Warranty, they come off...

911_AS said:
Does fitting the grills impact the air in-flow in any way? I realise only a small amount of air will reach the rads, and the grills are there to protect the rads from the debris and elements. However, will fitting grills somehow 'reduce' the air flow circulation to the rads?
Not really, the effect is minimal; you're not likely to notice any changes on your temp gauges. Also remember that on some 997.2 cars, grilles were fitted as standard equipment.

~ Maxie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back