Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm going to be a hairdesser for a day

T8

Super Moderator

First impressions, from my 38 mile drive home = an absolute hoot. :thumb:

I'd never buy a convertible but as the weather forecast is good I'll definitely try the topless experience for a while.

Methinks I'll be out all day today. :bye:

I expect nothing less than a full write up about your experience later this evening. I suspect you are going to have a very fun day :D

MC

The boxsters are not 911s but I think they are a sublime car in their own right.

The 981s on 20s with pdk being my pick of the new range.

I have no doubt you'll find lots to love, some things better and a few things not as good as your current ride.

It's not the 911s little brother, I think its a separate entity in its own right despite what joe bloggs may think!

Enjoy! :thumb:

I wouldn't call the new Boxsters hairdresser's cars, previous ones yes.
Anyway, it's not a very good advert for hairdressers being a baldy wafting around in the sun. :floor:

Have a good day, and tell me about it at the Fairmile on Weds?

Just watch your 'syrup' doesn't get blown off :hand:

A friend has a 981, properly specced too with 20", PSE and no navigation. It's not a 911 and it's not meant to be. They're a fantastic car. :thumb:

They've given him a Panamera Diesel for the day so I'm going out for lunch with him to point and laugh at his fake beard and implausibly large sunglasses. :wack:

Terry ..... is that a manual or PDK ...... even better if it was a paddle shift as I really want to know what they are like ...... I presume it's the smaller engine one? you are going to be at the Fairmile on Wednesday?

madalaa said:
Terry ..... is that a manual or PDK ...... even better if it was a paddle shift as I really want to know what they are like ...... I presume it's the smaller engine one? you are going to be at the Fairmile on Wednesday?

2.7 with PDK

I'll happily give you a full review at The Fairmile on Wednesday, Andy. :thumb:

I'll post a few thoughts later on tonight but for now ..... "For what it is, and for c£40k new, it's a great piece of kit".

Had one as a courtesy car last year, and it was a superb car - so much so that I would consider one if I had to drive in town on a regular basis.

Felt pretty nimble and chuckable as well.

Had one as a courtesy car a couple months ago, thought it was pretty good actually! Enjoy. Perfect timing with the sun gracing us...

:thumb:

Whilst my car is having...new hubs, clutch bits, windscreen, service etc, I've
had a 3.4 Boxster S with PDK to play with.

Had it for two weeks now, and it is hugely competent, very comfortable,
and as Terry has already mentioned, it's a real hoot with the roof down.
The PDK box is simply outrageous....it's been a useful experience for me, as
the number of gear changes you can make coming into, through and out of
a fast corner beggars belief. In sport mode, it is noticeably sharper, and it
''blips'' the throttle on the downchanges..

...And I can see clear as day why PDK has become so popular.

:wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back