Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Investment

angry

Hockenheim
Just asking for your thoughts;
If I was to buy a 996 Turbo 2002 Black, Manual, circa 100,000 miles for 19k, FPSH, do you think it would be worth more in a year or two?
I would only put about 6000 miles on it.
???????????? :mrgreen:

There only going one way at the moment ,, Down :?

Not to say that in 10yrs they wont of gone up though :dont know:

The 996 forum isn't the best for investment advice :wink:

Doubt it.

A 993 would.
996 GT3 may.
911S, E or T, definitely.

In a word ........ No

BUT

It could be the best car you'll ever find for £19k, put a massive amount of :grin: 's on your face for those 6k miles and not cost you too much when you come to sell it. :thumb:

Go for it. :bandit:

Agreed , buy a 911TT because it's recognized as one of the most awesome cars on this planet :worship:

For investment buy some rolex watches
:dont know:

To be honest I would think no, many non A/C Porsche's are not holding up well in the current climate.

Look at the Boxster, you can now buy one for under £5k Wow
that is a lot of car for not a lot of money.

Many people buying now,want stock cars and later model 911's.

The 996 will never have the same appeal to people.

I could be wrong, would not be the first time.

I never thought my old 911, would double in value in the last few years.
It was never bought with that in mind.
If you want one buy it and enjoy it 'EVERY MILE IS A SMILE'

A 100k mile turbo for £19k has far greater potential to cost you ten grand over a years ownership than it does to increase in value.
They're a great car with a great engine, they are no longer the fastest thing out on the road and are a bit dated inside, but for less than the cost of a new golf GTi you get a lot of car for your money.
Just be aware that the garage bills are considerably more than those for a golf GTi.

F15HAR said:
A 100k mile turbo for £19k has far greater potential to cost you ten grand over a years ownership than it does to increase in value.
They're a great car with a great engine, they are no longer the fastest thing out on the road and are a bit dated inside, but for less than the cost of a new golf GTi you get a lot of car for your money.
Just be aware that the garage bills are considerably more than those for a golf GTi.

Are they virtually as fast as anything else? I keep reading that their stratospheric warp factor rocket ships compared to humble 300bhp Carreras!

I think £19k is a bit hexy for a 100k example :dont know: I've seen cheaper

Zingari said:
I think £19k is a bit hexy for a 100k example :dont know: I've seen cheaper

:dont know:

Have you seen one cheaper recently?

You shouldn't buy any car as an investment unless you are a motor trader and don't care how many punters you shaft in the search for a buck.

In standard form they still take some beating and are a lot quicker than a 300 bhp Carrera.

A few grand later with some tuning and they are still the fastest cars on the road. That is another one of their attractions. Buy one for say £25k, spend 6-10k on mods and it is quicker than a gtr and a lot cheaper than one too!

The well looked after turbos will bottom out at just over £20k and then rise again as the years progress.... Well that's what my tea leaves are telling me anyhow!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back