Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Specc'ing the Macan

tim993

With over six months to go before we need to finalise the spec - what are the must haves to make the car easy to sell on in the future or simply because one would be kicking oneself not to have ticked the boxes in first place?

So far the things we simply want to have are:
Standard 18" wheels (cheapest tyres to replace / smoother ride / less chance of the wife curbing the alloys...)
Bose hi-fi
PCM
PASM
roof transport system
tow bar
sunroof (the Mrs insists - me, i'd do without)

Any views guys?

tim

Tim,

I'm with you on the 18" wheels, PCM and PASM, but personally wouldn't have the tow bar unless you deffo will be towing and also can't see the point of the roof bars. I'm also unsure about the sunroof, although SWMBO wants one - what is it with women and sunroofs?

Anyway, all the options I have ticked are:

PASM
18" Macan S Wheels
Metallic Paint
Bi-Xenon + PDLS
Privacy Glazing
Adaptive Sports Seats
Front seat heating
Park-Assist with reversing camera
Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane change assist
HomeLink
Heated steering wheel
PCM
Mobile phone preparation
Loadspace management
Panoramic roof

Which all comes to a hefty £9,836.00 but as you say, we have at least six months before finalising the spec, so plenty of time to change.

Clive

Pity you can't change the wheels; those 21" alloys from Porsche Exclusive are simply gorgeous!

Porsche-Macan-Exclusive-1.jpg

Porsche-Macan-Exclusive-1%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Porsche-Macan-Exclusive-2%25255B3%25255D.jpg

~ Maxie :)

Lane change assist is a great option. I'd tick that without a doubt.

+1 for heated front seats. Once you've had them you wonder how you coped.

Hi Clive - that looks a good spec. We do tow quite a bit, though the Mrs may get a dedicated horse truck before the Macan arrives. For me though the tow-ball is a great place to mount a bike carrier. This is what we do with the X3 and i figured the unit will also fit the Macan as it is all about the ball, not the car.

Anyhow that looks a good spec and may be very close to where we end up - the xenon lights appeal as do the adaptive seats.

Are you going for a turbo to compliment your 911 or the lowly diesel?

tim

tim993 said:
Are you going for a turbo to compliment your 911 or the lowly diesel?

I'll let you know when I've driven them on May 7, but tbh so the choice is going to be between the petrol or diesel S. I fancy the torque of the oil burner, but I think the petrol one will be more responsive and handle a bit better.

Clive

tim993 said:
With over six months to go before we need to finalise the spec - what are the must haves to make the car easy to sell on in the future or simply because one would be kicking oneself not to have ticked the boxes in first place?

So far the things we simply want to have are:
Standard 18" wheels (cheapest tyres to replace / smoother ride / less chance of the wife curbing the alloys...)
Bose hi-fi
PCM
PASM
roof transport system
tow bar
sunroof (the Mrs insists - me, i'd do without)

Any views guys?

tim

Appreciate why you want the smaller wheels, but since you are talking about resale, I am pretty sure it would be easier to move on with the 20" rims on it. Likewise - in this price class isn't a full leather interior pretty much required?

I haven't yet driven one, but have sat in it at the launch and found the visibility less than ideal so the reversing camera might be worthwhile. I didn't like the plastic side blades either, so those in anything (ideally body colour, but you can have black or carbon if that is your thing) have to be worth considering too.

75 litre fuel tank at £0 - tick that box. Delete model designation at £0 also a no briner for me (I find all current porkers horribly over-badged). Mobile phone prep (i.e. bluetooth hands free) really ought to be ticked too.

The low initial supply and long waiting list should keep the first few years residuals healthier than usual for an SUV, but to hang on to that you want it to have the looks and equipment of a vehicle that people would expect on a £50k used car IMHO.

I fully agree about the full leather interior - that option will get ticked. The wheels however I'm not so sure. The extra cost to buy and for at least one new set while we own the car to my mind does not add up :dont know: These are one of the few things than can be changed by anyone if they are not to taste. However you look at though this is looking like one very pricey car :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back