Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911T to 993 TT

tp81

To say I am excited is a bit of an understatement.

On Thursday I am driving my 1970, Italian delivered 911T to the Lake District to be inspected by Mike Bainbridge of MB Engineering, well known early car guru. On the basis of a clean bill of health the car will then be sold to an enthusiast based down in Oxford.

I have had the car just over a year and really enjoyed give the car a bit much needed care and attention. Sad to see it go but another early car is on the horizon (way in the distance).

Thread of my T.

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43223

One picture of the new early car to scare you!

So the excitement is because the drive to Kendal will see me leaving the T and collecting my new 993 Turbo and driving three hours back home.

I don't think I will ever have such a contrast again in terms of driving experience. 2.2 zenith carbs with faint smell of fuel and leather, to 402hp four wheel drive twin turbo. I will be taking a bit of a diversion on the way home up through the Lake District rather than straight on to the motorway

:)

Ah, Nick F's car. Nice purchase. What a way to start the summer. Enjoy!

Nice one Tom. Surely 408 bhp though? ;)

Tom - Just read your thread on DDK. The 911T didn't take much to bring it back. I just need to find one for restoration at the right price :roll:

Chris, as you know it's what you can't see. The problem with the early cars is that a T costs as much to restore as an S. Very different values at the end. The car I have started is a 1973 E, at the end of the project I don't think I would be able to sell it and make a profit but that's not the aim. It's a long term keeper.

Congrats on your 993TT. I envy that you could experience such a varied lot of 911's and that you have the opportunity and stamina to get your hands dirty with restoration projects. Enjoy and good luck.

Chris W said:
Was this a good price Zingers? £17,254 for allegedly 1 owner original car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181355563432?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Was very tempted but I dont know what these cost to sort, they're only going one way in price but having seen the OPC Leicester one I've been drooling.

:eek: I'd have had that for the 8-track alone as I'd be able to play my Val Doonican collection :thumb: Sorted its a £40k+ car. Just depends how much you need to put it. £15k goes a long way if you have the contacts.

I'm exploring back dating a 3.2 to a long-hood................. :oops:

Ossum looking turbo 8)

I forgot to say, I happened to open Total 911 this month and there's my new car shown with the article on the 993 Turbo. Nice for my collection and great to have with the car long term.

Feels good already and I don't even have the car. :cloud9:

TP81, that 993 Turbo looks absolutely heavenly. I never get tired of saying that the 993 Turbo, for me, is the most aesthetically pleasing of any 911.

tp81 said:
I forgot to say, I happened to open Total 911 this month and there's my new car shown with the article on the 993 Turbo. Nice for my collection and great to have with the car long term.

Feels good already and I don't even have the car. :cloud9:

Just noticed the number plate is a match for the one in total 911.

Mine featured in GT Porsche just before I got it. Makes a lovely addition to 'The File'

That's a fantastic looking bit of kit Tom, seen it advertised earlier in the year., best looking 993 variant :thumbs:

New trim piece required for the top of the rear reflector Mr T?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back