Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear heater flaps

Mark Houghton

Trainee
Took car in today to have a few things sorted and whilst up on the ramp I found out why my heaters not working at the back. The flap mechanisms were completely rusted open and the hoses from the heat exchangers not even connected. This makes me laugh now as before I was turning the knob by the handbrake thinking I could feel heat!! Anyway has anyone changed these flaps and if so what else is needed to get it all working? I can get the parts from Design911 for £133 plus vat each, Do I need cables etc?
Thanks

You need to get all the old parts off and see what you need, you will probably need the inner cable, outer cable holders and all pipe & cable clamps.

What is £133 each plus vat for exactly?

You maybe better going over to Impactbumpers.com for quicker/more replies on your car!

9MLS said:
You need to get all the old parts off and see what you need, you will probably need the inner cable, outer cable holders and all pipe & cable clamps.

What is £133 each plus vat for exactly?

You maybe better going over to Impactbumpers.com for quicker/more replies on your car!

The £133 plus vat is for the flap parts that open and close controlled by the knob next to handbrake. I looked again that price was for stainless steel versions. I've now ordered the steel versions for £70 each. I've seen the cable tubes and cables for sale so will order some plus the necessary clamps. I'll take a look on Impact thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back