Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know what this is?

Mark Houghton

Trainee
Does anyone know what the curved tube is? Its been clamped at the end (top left of pic). While running I can feel air coming out of the clamped part. is this correct? Is it something to do with the US model?

Thanks

Mark

Attachments

• 911_pipe_168.jpg
    911_pipe_168.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 5,039
Is it a US car ?
What does it connect to?
From where to where?
any valves or electrical interface?

I'd guess , if its a yank import, that it's exhaust emission control.

My C3.2 hasn't got this.

Post on impact bumpers.
Thats where the experts are for these cars

That's the old pipe work from the secondary air pump on an sc by the look of it..an emission "work around" device that is normally blanked off...
keep the updates on your car coming. I for one like and appreciate posts on these definitive aircooled models.

stuttgartmetal said:
Is it a US car ?
What does it connect to?
From where to where?
any valves or electrical interface?

I'd guess , if its a yank import, that it's exhaust emission control.

My C3.2 hasn't got this.

Post on impact bumpers.
Thats where the experts are for these cars

It's definitely a UK RHD model.

As Kas says, air injection pipework, all SC's had it, most have been removed, is the air pump still connected and running? Worth removing all of it, will release a bit of power and help you engine live longer!

9MLS said:
As Kas says, air injection pipework, all SC's had it, most have been removed, is the air pump still connected and running? Worth removing all of it, will release a bit of power and help you engine live longer!

Thanks for the reply. If I remove it what do you use to cap the 6 x holes you have left?

You can get a kit of plugs to cap off if I recall( long time since I removed off my SC)
Try jasmine Porsche or porscheshop think even OPC will stock

grbspeedster said:
You can get a kit of plugs to cap off if I recall( long time since I removed off my SC)
Try jasmine Porsche or porscheshop think even OPC will stock

Thanks I'll do that. :thumbs:

My '82 SC has this system still fitted. The consensus seems to be to remove it as it's not really required.

When servicing the car, i assume that you should remove the belt to stop the pump running? If you leave it running will it not give your gas analyzer a false reading as air is being pumped into the exhaust manifold? :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back