Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage floor recommendations

Bobster67

Hello all, am sure this has been covered before but I couldn't find a thread.

I am planning to do some work to my garage, new doors, lighting etc and would appreciate any recommendations where floor tiles are concerned.

I've looked at ceramic but its a bit on the expensive side so am considering plastic/rubber tiles.

Does anyone have any experience of these, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have Carpet tiles down , gives a more warmer indoor feel to the garage ,
and cheap too

:thumb:

Rockunrolla said:
and cheap too

Hey, I swear I'm not following you from thread to thread, but...

Red seatbelts?, Carpeted garage??, It's like life on Mars round here!

Please tell me you have a 'Wall unit', you know, the one with a sliding door glass display section (with light) and in the middle a pull down door drinks section. IF it's in 'black ash' I'm coming round right now for a Fondue and a game of 'mastermind'...
:thumbs:

Carpet?
:what:

Bobster67 said:
Hello all, am sure this has been covered before but I couldn't find a thread.

I am planning to do some work to my garage, new doors, lighting etc and would appreciate any recommendations where floor tiles are concerned.

I've looked at ceramic but its a bit on the expensive side so am considering plastic/rubber tiles.

Does anyone have any experience of these, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you're going down the tile route, make sure they are porcelain and not ceramic. Porcelain has a much higher load carrying capacity and will not crack under the high localised pressures of the tyres (so long as the tiles are laid correctly). Porcelain tiles are used in most mainstream car showrooms.

It is possible to get porcelain tiles in different grades according to their slip resistance - this is particularly important when the floor is wet to avoid accidents. :sad:

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't have carpet in a garage. it is nicer to crawl around on but it stops me wanting to put the car away unless totally dry so they don't get soaked and take an age to dry out.

MC

+1 for carpet tiles here

I have my man cave done in them but.............

Don't buy new ones (as said above you will end up being too precious about them!)

Buy them from a second hand office supplies place (the type of place that strips out offices during re-fits) and buy 15 - 25% more than you need. Then when you damage / mark / spill oil / set fire etc you just lift the offending carpet tile & replace it with a spare :D

Also, if well laid on a flat floor they don't need sticking down.

I have had mine in for about 4 years & 2 garages (I lifted them & moved them with me when I moved house) and never had a problem - much nicer to lie on when tinkering with my bikes & car!

Tom

MisterCorn said:
I wouldn't have carpet in a garage. it is nicer to crawl around on but...

I hear you, My work trousers have knee pads, beats carpeting my driveway/garage/workplace...

There's just something about those black nobbly rubber floor tiles...

018-polymax-circa-b.jpg

clarkycat said:
Rockunrolla said:
and cheap too

Please tell me you have a 'Wall unit', you know, the one with a sliding door glass display section (with light) and in the middle a pull down door drinks section. IF it's in 'black ash' I'm coming round right now for a Fondue and a game of 'mastermind'...

Carpet?

Fancy a silverstone trackday 23rd march :mrgreen:

clarkycat said:
Rockunrolla said:
and cheap too

Carpet?

WO, I'm feeling some love between a sparks and a plumber :?

I'm of to find a therapist :dont know:
The worlds gone mad :eek:
When you two get a room, the pillow talk would be varied :oops:

GAS ENGINEER not plumber

:floor:

Dont feel left out Waz , theres lots of love to go around :wink:

:yuk: he's not my type :grin:

And 1000 apologies for my serious indiscretion :oops:

Rockunrolla said:
Fancy a silverstone trackday 23rd march :mrgreen:

It's my biggest secret: I can't drive. I have zero driving ability.

I guess there are some things you just can't do and can't be taught to do, for me it's limited to knitting, driving, reading for long periods and self Fellatio. I can do pretty much everything else though.

Waz 911 said:
WO, I'm feeling some love between a sparks and a plumber :?

I'm of to find a therapist :dont know:
The worlds gone mad :eek:
When you two get a room, the pillow talk would be varied :oops:

LOL, I have spent the last few days at a 'training facility' doing a course, the same place does the gas courses. The guys running it have burst into our room each day and said "the food's out guys, you better get in there as the gas lot are already in there"...

:floor:

Oddly enough, of the five of us on my course, one guy turns up in a 996 C4s and is a member on here that I have spoken to online - small world.
:)

Anyway, must fly, have to head off for the final day, it's the exam...
:frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back