Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche breeds stupidity from other motorists!

Jamesyg

Hockenheim
Is it me, or does everyone find that just because you're in a Porsche, other motorists feel it's appropriate to,

1. Want to race you
2. Prove they can drive faster / more dangerously then you will dare.

Classic example, driving down a known A road near Canterbury, passes through villages with some good cornering opportunities.

Stuck behind 2 other cars, no safe overtakes and an 18rd old in a Ford KA.

Overtakes the lot of us on a blind bend, at over 60mph. He could have killed himself and others, and looked totally out of control.

Then, close to home, a TT tailgates at high speed on a motorway, expecting me to race him. Looks surprised when I pull over and wave him on.

Question is... What other stupid moves have you guys experienced driving your Porsche.

A pair of slack-jawed quasi-simian knuckle-dragging troglodytes in a white transit van on the M3 a couple of weeks back seemed determined to try and terminate my existence (ironically theirs would have been ended too - but they simply didn't have the mental capacity to grasp that) by pulling along side me in the middle lane when I was in a row of traffic in the fast lane (speed circa 60mph) - the "driver" of said van kept swerving and veering towards me as if he was going to side-swipe me, coming within inches of my passenger-side wing-mirror every time - he and his cohort found this hilariously funny - then the inevitable hand gestures were made, which I dutifully returned - this seemed to anger the moronic duo, so much so that the driver then decided he was going to clip my front end with the rear of his vehicle as he drove straight for the small gap between me and the car in front. I had to brake sharply and let the twat in ...

Fortunately (and as is often the case) the middle lane suddenly became devoid of cars so I quickly nipped in, dropped into 3rd gear, hit the boost just right and blew past the twat before he had time to react - needless to say my window went down and I had the pleasure of sticking my arm out and raising the middle finger as I shot past. The twat desperately tried to come after me but within seconds he was an ugly dot in my rear-view mirror ...

Porsche turbo 1 - Oxygen-thief - 0

Funny this thread just came up, I was heading out to the Jag Dealer for the preview evening of the new F-Type Coupe (more on that later).
I exit the end of my road left almost straight onto national speed limit single carriageway, whilst I'm waiting for an Astra to go by so I can turn left he decides to accelerate hard away from me , so I played a little and accelerated a little harder to catch him up, his exhaust was smoking quite a bit but I thought it may just be a Diesel smoking whilst being thrashed like they do, I just got about 3 cars lengths from him and the thing almost exploded I heard a clunk noise from in front and the black cloud that had now developed from his exhaust meant I could just make his brake lights out, he slammed on knowing he done domething serious, his car grinds to a halt at the side of the road, result, 1 dead Astra.
Maybe I pushed him a little but there was no way he was ever going out accelerate me and he knew it but decided he was going to lunch his engine trying. :grin:

infrasilver said:
Funny this thread just came up, I was heading out to the Jag Dealer for the preview evening of the new F-Type Coupe (more on that later).
I exit the end of my road left almost straight onto national speed limit single carriageway, whilst I'm waiting for an Astra to go by so I can turn left he decides to accelerate hard away from me , so I played a little and accelerated a little harder to catch him up, his exhaust was smoking quite a bit but I thought it may just be a Diesel smoking whilst being thrashed like they do, I just got about 3 cars lengths from him and the thing almost exploded I heard a clunk noise from in front and the black cloud that had now developed from his exhaust meant I could just make his brake lights out, he slammed on knowing he done domething serious, his car grinds to a halt at the side of the road, result, 1 dead Astra.
Maybe I pushed him a little but there was no way he was ever going out accelerate me and he knew it but decided he was going to lunch his engine trying. :grin:

:thumb:

Cracked me up! Why people feel they need to make a point I have no idea! Silly Astra driver!

DeathStar said:
A pair of slack-jawed quasi-simian knuckle-dragging troglodytes in a white transit van

I think they're the pair that cleaned my gutters out a few years back :what:

Jamesyg said:
th some good cornering opportunities.

Stuck behind 2 other cars, no safe overtakes and an 18rd old in a Ford KA.

Overtakes the lot of us on a blind bend, at over 60mph. He could have killed himself and others, and looked totally out of control.

Some kittens don't get to be old cats, they are the ones with no road sense you see all mangled up at the roadside...
:nooo:

Zingari said:

:eek: ... Is that a euphemism for some kind of stomach-turning gay menage a trois ..?! :?:

DeathStar said:
Zingari said:

:eek: ... Is that a euphemism for some kind of stomach-turning gay menage a trois ..?! :?:

:floor:

infrasilver said:
...result, 1 dead Astra. :grin:

Nothing better that a dose of instant karma :floor:

Not had many incidents of late, but one battle-scarred micra muppet seemed desperate to put me into put me into the Armco :dont know: Since his car was worth less than the rubber on my wheels I thought I'd best let him play with himself so notified him with the international hand signal before peppering what was left of his paintwork with a few turbo-charged stones :grin:

chimp911 said:
infrasilver said:
...result, 1 dead Astra. :grin:

Nothing better that a dose of instant karma :floor:

Not had many incidents of late, but one battle-scarred micra muppet seemed desperate to put me into put me into the Armco :dont know: Since his car was worth less than the rubber on my wheels I thought I'd best let him play with himself so notified him with the international hand signal before peppering what was left of his paintwork with a few turbo-charged stones :grin:

Brilliant one Steve....you should write for Reader's Digest :grin:

My only silly experience was at the hands of the local constabulary. On way out to pick up daughter exited my close just behind a police Ford, who then proceeded off down 30 mph road at at least 40, whilst i kept to 30 mph. Obviously displeased at not getting me to follow at his 'illegal' speed, he then pulls into the kerb and then immediately pulls out behind me once i passed him and proceeds to tail gate me through the 30 then 40 then 50 then 30 mphs speed limits. Then obviously completely p****d off that i stuck to the limits he put on his blues and twos and then hares off down the road. Silly t**t then turns then them off again once he thinks he's out of sight (he wasnt as i could see him across the fields).

Really makes you wonder about the stupidity of some police.

Having a camera in the car means I get to enjoy many of those moments again and again:

A man and his Blankie is my all time favourite. He was flashing all the time he was behind me, overtook at speed on a corner in a 30mph zone. Then stopped and said "yer drivin toooo slowwwww in yer porch" and added "yer lookey yer girl is in der wiv u". I really have absolutely no idea why he was flashing me, why he stopped or what he actually said. Tool.

Does your camera not have sound recording :?:
Your a big guy where you not tempted to get out and teach him the error of his ways :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back