Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Deposit down

tim993

All 2014 cars are spoken for so this will be an early 2015 delivery, I believe.

:thumbs:

Congrats Tim! What spec, colours etc did you choose?

~ Maxie :thumb:

Hi Maxie

Thats the fun bit - we haven't really locked anything down yet :D

To take the deposit we had to choose a model and some basic options - so the sales lady loaded up a black Diesel :)o) car with black leather and 20" wheels.

In reality, it'll probably end up being red (if the Mrs gets her way), with 18" wheels (for a smooooth ride :)), PASM, Bose sound and PCM. The idea will be to spec a car for maximum utility and enjoyment.

We were told that Reading is getting 6/7 cars a month (1 each of the petrol S and Turbo and the rest Diesels) and if we wanted a petrol car, then we should expect mid 2015 at the earliest... Anyhow diesel looks to be the sensible option, particularly as I have not been able to find any fuel consumption or tax band specs on the petrol cars.

As my Porsche experience is fixed in the air-cooled era, I'm going to be grateful for some suggestions with the modern kit - in particular which suspension / handling options are a must have or must avoid...

tim

I hesitate to even ask this on a forum dedicated to petrol cars, but which Macan is the one to choose? Assuming I don't go for a turbo (cost) should I go for the petrol S or diesel S :?: :?:

To make the choice difficult they are both priced the same and come in under the 225g/km tax threshold.

Appreciate your thoughts guys :thumb:

PS if I leave it till after I've driven one in April the wait in 2015 is going to be even longer, if you believe the sales lady...

Tim,

I would opt for the DERV powered Macan, along side our C4S, we have a Cayenne Diesel.

It can hustle along at a surprising rate, returns a genuine 30mpg, appears to be in a higher demand than the petrol powered version, and second hand, boasts higher residuals.

It really is the best of both worlds.

ScottUK.

Thanks Scott :thumb:

The Mrs is very excited as she sees it as getting her own sports car. When she said she wanted metallic red, I thought great! It'll match the 993 :)

Unfotunatly according to Rennlist Impulse Red is going to be a US$3,500 option :eek: :eek:

At that price its a no!

By all accounts the diesel Macan has pretty much the best diesel powerplant ever. Super smooth and as sporty as a diesel could ever hope to be.

As I said in the other thread the only other car to have would be the plug-in hybrid which should get it's tech from the Audi e-tron program but turned up to 11 (perhaps 50 mile range and 100+ mph in electric only mode). It's a few years away yet though...

Has to be the Turbo !

Tim, how big is it inside compared to the Cayenne ?

Hi Rich
Front seating is perfect - I really can't fault the controls and driving position.
Rear seats - a six footer will likely have hair or head in contact with the roof lining. Boot is constrained by the same sloped off roofline.
Handling is sublime, better than many 'cars' and far, far better than our current X3. Except the X3 actually has a better engine and is considerably quicker in a straight line.
I still have not decided whether to go ahead or not...
tim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back