Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Saggy Pocket

Hummer

I've got a slightly saggy pocket in the front, which is unsightly & causing me some social embarrassment
:oops:
I know that someone had a metal piece made a while back that straightened things out, but I'd like to get a warning triangle that fits exactly & sorts the problem out.
Does anyone know if you can get one of these anywhere?

Well....I am sixty five years old and my packet is pretty saggy....whoops sorry.....you said pocket.....silly me.....;)

The warning triangle my '98 car has is PN 000.722.722.05

But I do also have the for mentioned pocket clip installed too for super neatness.

P1010122_zpsc26ab9a0.jpg

Saggy carpet ? Clip ?

We all know the only solution is to replace the carpet :floor:

dommorton said:

But I do also have the for mentioned pocket clip installed too for super neatness.

Ah where is this clip from? Part number? Possibly something to be added to the essential items thread....

mohitos said:
Saggy carpet ? Clip ?

We all know the only solution is to replace the carpet :floor:

Replace the car, surely :dont know:

Someone on here was making and selling these clips on here a few years back. Can't remember who :?:

Flightrisk said:
dommorton said:

Ah where is this clip from? Part number? Possibly something to be added to the essential items thread....

Sorry to say its a custom part one of the lads here had made up back in 2010. The chances of there being any left are slim if guess. Original thread here

Great though isn't it.

dommorton said:

P1010122_zpsc26ab9a0.jpg
Thanks Dom :thumb:
I'll see if I can get one of those triangles.

AndyS said:
....notice the clip on image 3 & 4 though? That's not standard is it :?:

Correct - That's because after 964 carpet they deleted the clip fastening. Probably because the 993 was designed for the more 'youthful' market where sagging sacs are less an issue :?

My carpet's just fine - it's just the pocket's sagging because it's had something too big in it. But then I suppose that's something I shouldn't really complain about :eek:

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I saw a fix on the web, tried it and was delighted with the result.

Saggy pockets can be fixed with a straightened out coat-hanger carefully threaded into the piping along the top of the pocket and bent into the correct shape (start with it perfectly straight). Here's a before & after shot from my car...

Attachments

• before_and_after_308.jpg
    before_and_after_308.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 4,891
....... so all you need is a coat hanger ....... perhaps scissors, a craft knife and some pliers to cut the coat hanger? ....... would that be a correct assumption Tobes?

Yes, it's remarkably easy. I just used a craft knife to unpick one stitch at the end of the pocket - luckily the thread didn't even break it just made a big enough gap to get the coat hanger in. Then whatever - pliers - to cut the hanger, and you are away. So easy.

I reckon if you are careful you can even get the hanger in without cutting, just carefully push. But I did lift one stitch.

I would be very careful that the end of the hanger doesn't catch on the piping and tear it as it slides in - but just make sure you straighten the piping as the hanger slides along so it doesn't catch.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back