Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Total 911 issue 107 - Porsche 911t / e / s November 2013

joesam

Hi
Anyone read the latest edition of total 911 magazine there is an article on what £30,000 gets you at auction in terms of re 1971 cars and looks at 3 cars (recently for sale at Brooklands auctions) a 911T, 911E and 911S - the S was originally a 2.2 and LHD but upgraded to a 2.4 with 915 gearbox plus RHD conversion - engine had new pistons etc - sold for £30.2K - anyhow the 911T got a bit of a slating versus the other two with the S coming out on top - when I've looked at the prices of these models the S model is way beyond £30K - more like £70K and upwards so bit confused on how these cars are priced or is it they just don't sell at these levels? - also I realise it is subjective but when i've looked at 911T reviews, while not the most powerful they still get a good review ((the article in my opinion is pretty scathing) - also only ever driven a 911T I would be interested in others thoughts, especially owners experiences - the E and S model appear to be getting very expensive so for a period porsche the T may be a sensible option but welcome thoughts - 911Ts i have seen on ebay in the US are hitting $40K ( a one owner 70K miles 911T just went for $41K) - I suppose they are only worth what one is willing to pay

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back