Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Prices dropped again - Nov 2013?

RedJedi

Suzuka
Got my weekly email from MoneySavingExpert who suggested to do a quote for Insurance as they have dropped again in the last few weeks.

So as my details are saved, went on to Gocompare - and got a price for £284. Thats nearly a £100 off what I paid in July this year.

Maybe worth paying the fee to close current Insurance and get new one?

Anyone else checked there prices?

Hello.
Be very careful if planning on cancelling your current policy. The Insurance companies are very slippery and are usually very unkind to people who cancel their policies.
If you've had your policy for 2 months don't expect to get back 10/12ths of your premium. it's been known for them to charge you up to 50% of the premium if you cancel within the first couple of months anything longer than that and you can forfeit the whole amount.
Ask me how I know?
My wife was misquoted on a policy through no fault of her own. The Insurance offered to cancel the policy and do a refund, but then charged her 50% of the premium even though it was their fault. It took us months to get the money back.
Steve.

OP - who are you insured with. I just used both gocompare and compare the market and my quotes have gone up since my renewal last week.

Interestingly compare the market was more expensive than gocompare.

Interestingly Swift cover quoted twice on gocompare with about a £100 difference.

Adrian Flux were cheapest by about £80 with Markus Steady at £470, which stinks when some of you are getting it for <£300

I've just renewed the Manning policy on my 2004 986 and that was about 10% down on last year.

Chris.

My renewal arrived today for the C4S, quote is less than £200! fully comp with one name driver.

I'm points free, but did write off my M3 in the winter of 2010.

I don't have commuting, and limit my mileage, I'm also old, grey, and sensible (apparently)

ScottUK

The renewal for our multi car policy for the 996 turbo and Audi Q5 is just over a £1000.. :sad:

scottuk said:
I'm points free, but did write off my M3 in the winter of 2010.

I don't have commuting, and limit my mileage, I'm also old, grey, and sensible (apparently)

ScottUK

You drive a 911 you have written off an M3 in 2010 and they think you are sensible because you have a bit of grey hair
:floor:

Just renewed my Insurance and saved nearly 35% :eek: :eek:
I went to the classic car show at the NEC this weekend which was hosted by Lancaster Insurance. I used to be insured with them some years ago when I had one of my other porkers. I thought it only polite to let them give me a quote.
Wow, am I glad I did. I was just about to hit the button for Classicline when Lancaster quoted me nearly 35% less for the same cover other than the excess went from £100 to £250.
The even better news is when I called Classicline to cancel (my policy expires at the end of the week) They called me back and matched the price if I agreed to up my excess to £250.
1996 C2 993, limited to 3K miles, clean licence and driver the wrong side of 50.. £185... I'm stunned.... (and pleased!)
ATB.
Steve.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back