Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 964 Story - Questions, Answers, Jobs Started & Comple

Jcx

Estoril
After months of looking, of research, and of combing through the classifieds I finally took delivery of my first air-cooled Porsche today. I will post pics in due course, but for now I wanted to 'big up' Chris from Exel Wheels who supplied my new (genuine Cup 1s).

Every now and then you meet someone who provides a quality of service and a level of service that is unmatched, anywhere. Chris from Exel Wheels is one such person. If you need refurbed wheels and you don't want to 'park' your car while the wheels are refurbed call Chris. He'll loan you wheels to keep you mobile while he works his magic. Better still, he'll come to you, twice, as part of the cost. Unbeatable. And a thoroughly nice guy too.

He also took a bunch of lovely pics which are posted to his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/EXELWHEELS

Thanks Chris!!

Well done Joe :thumb:

Nice to see you have your reward after all your research and for finding your period wheels.

Cheers,
Paul

:bye:

Well done they look great. Chris is meticulous and a nice guy to boot you get what you pay for. Did you buy the Alexander David car?

Top one :thumb: Has that cover from Amazon arrived yet. I'm shaking with anticipation as to wether I should buy one :roll:

Dozzer said:
Well done they look great. Chris is meticulous and a nice guy to boot you get what you pay for. Did you buy the Alexander David car?

Yes i did buy that car. I almost didnt even go to see it 'cos i didnt like the wheels. So glad i did :). With chris on side the wheels we easy, if not cheap, to change.

Zingari said:
Top one :thumb: Has that cover from Amazon arrived yet. I'm shaking with anticipation as to wether I should buy one :roll:

You are such a comedian Brian, sure your last name isnt Connolly? :)

Yes it arrived, seems ok, have yet to try it on. Is well made, but am in the process of washing, claying, cleaning, sealing, and waxing so have left it to one side. Am doing a panel at a time in the garage. Cant rest till i know it has been properly prepped for the environment. :) OCD? Just a bit.

:useless:

We need the whole story, pics before, and after

Etc.

C'mon. Info.

Am already on the minor upgrade ladder... Today bought batteries for the key torch and bulbs for the headlight switch per jontttttttttttt.

I need coco mats per paul (love those) and need to investigate pedal rubbers... I dont like the rubbery feel under foot of the oem items.

Also, i have a vecta immobiliser with just one key. Am motivated to change that for something newer with spare keys. Would rather fix before it breaks...

Also have bought a can of air to blow out the heater control fan which wines... So annoying. All good weekend jobs. :)

PeterS said:

Etc.

C'mon. Info.

Work for your entertainment peter, click on the facebook link in the first post above :). While you are there 'like' Chris' facebook page and spread the good word to keep him busy :)

Jcx said:
Yes i did buy that car. I almost didnt even go to see it 'cos i didnt like the wheels. So glad i did :).

Funny what puts people off but at least it was obviously a good car as you bought it :wink: Remember one up privately quite recently with similar mileage etc circa 30k not seen it again so must have sold quickly or tucked up back in the garage :dont know:

Jcx said:
PeterS said:

Etc.

C'mon. Info.

Work for your entertainment peter, click on the facebook link in the first post above :). While you are there 'like' Chris' facebook page and spread the good word to keep him busy :)

My thoughts on Chris are well known.

I have several sets of his wheels on my cars and in my garage. Top stuff.

The wait is over .. Excellento , congratulations Jc .. has the car just been painted ?

Hi kp,

Thanks! You know it has certainly seen some paint but not much. Front scuttle was repaired and the passenger door is a bit of a diff colour which shows much more on photos than in real life. The car has only done about 10k miles in the past 10 years and spent the rest of its time in storage under cover. As i work my way around the panels with clay etc the colour is looking and feeling really good.

Jcx

Dozzer said:
Jcx said:
Yes i did buy that car. I almost didnt even go to see it 'cos i didnt like the wheels. So glad i did :).

Funny what puts people off but at least it was obviously a good car as you bought it :wink: Remember one up privately quite recently with similar mileage etc circa 30k not seen it again so must have sold quickly or tucked up back in the garage :dont know:

Yes indeed taste is a very personal thing. One man's gravy is another man's jus :)

I do think it is a good car, tho it is not perfect and my eyes are wide open. funny you mention the private one at 30k. Tognola who did the PPI thought mine was under priced. Paul Stevens would certainly have placed it above 30k. Mine is now insured with agreed value of 30k.

Very Nice Jcx :thumbs:

the cup one's set the car of perfectly

hope your face muscles can handle the permanent ear to ear grin that goes with a 964 :D

Michael

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back