Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bentley Publishers "993 Carrera Service Manual"

Maurice [B]

911UK said:
Group Buy Update

Each copy will cost £112.50 delivered to your door.

It is difficult to compete with the buying power of Amazon but this is a great deal from Bentley Publishing.

Bentley Publishing have an order ready to ship and ColinC :thumb: has kindly volunteered to manage the delivery posting and package, which we will be doing via Parcelforce.

We found a few options for UK shipping but felt that the cheapest options wasn't the best option. All shipments are tracked and insured.

For this to happen we need money from you fine 993 Owners, as soon as possible and no later than next Tuesday 19th Nov, so an order can be shipped across and delivered out in that week.

Payment

Ensure that you state the following.

1. Forum Name
2. Real Name
3. Address

PAYPAL : £112.50 to [email protected]
CHEQUE : Please PM for details.
BANK TRANSFER : Please PM for Details

Hello, I'm the sales & marketing manager for Bentley Publishers.

I figured I'd quit lurking about to say that we have a 993 manual that will be out this November.

We have a lot more information on the manual on our website here:

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=p998

However, if anyone has any questions about what's in the book, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to try & answer them.

911UK said:
The current rate of Duty and VAT on Hardbound Books is 0%.

As confirmed by HMRC
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_CL_000102

The Porsche 911 Carrera (Type 993) Service Manual: 1995-1998

946 pages with 1523 photos, illustrations and diagrams, in Hard Back format due for Worldwide released on 4 November 2013.

Is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Porsche 911 (Type 993) Coupe, Cabriolet and Targa models from 1995 to 1998. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and useful specifications. Whether you're a professional technician or a do-it-yourself Porsche owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your Porsche.

Although the do-it-yourself Porsche owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the Porsche owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.

1995-1998 Porsche 911 models covered:
Carrera
Carrera S
Carrera 4
Carrera 4S

Engines covered:
1995: 3.6 litre (M64.07 and M64.08)
1996-1998: 3.6 litre (OBD II M64.23 and M64.24)

Transmissions covered:
G50 (6-speed manual, RWD)
G64 (6-speed manual, AWD)
A50 (4-speed automatic)

Technical highlights:
Full-color repair manual pages (black and white electrical section).

In-depth maintenance instructions for everything from changing the engine oil (and both oil filters) and Tiptronic transmission fluid to replacing the cabin microfilter. This manual tells you how and when to do it.

Type 993 enthusiast guide with year-to-year model specifics, and a comprehensive listing of Porsche option codes.

Step-by-step engine / transmission assembly removal and installation.

Illustrated engine teardown and rebuild, with camshaft and timing chain replacement, detailing wear limits and nominal values.

Fuel injection and ignition system service and component testing of different Bosch DME engine management systems, including the secondary air injection (SAI) system.

Clutch, flywheel and rear main seal service.

Front and rear drivetrain service, including front (C4) and rear differential service.

Brakes, steering, suspension and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting and repair for both vacuum boost (C2) and hydraulic-boost (C4) brake systems.

Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.

Body adjustments and repairs, including convertible top, sunroof and targa top service and adjustment.

Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component location section.

Wiring schematics for selected models, with DME systems, power distribution, grounds, convertible top and other hard-to-find circuits.

Attachments

• bentley_p998_product_shot_250_122.jpg
    bentley_p998_product_shot_250_122.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 4,530
How about a discount for a group buy......

Maurice [B said:
]Hello, I'm the sales & marketing manager for Bentley Publishers. Apologies for resurrecting a long-dormant thread but I figured I'd quit lurking about to say that we have a 993 manual that will be out this November.

We have a lot more information on the manual on our website here: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=p998 However, if anyone has any questions about what's in the book, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to try & answer them.

Ordered :thumbs: What a nice stocking filler.

I have spoken to Maurice Iglesias of Bentley about a group discount. They will give us 40% off list price and can post 10 copies to the UK for 120 dollars.

By using my fingers and toes I reckon that's about 150 dollars plus postage from my house to your house. I said if we get 10 people interested they can send them to mine and I will distribute, with the individuals covering postage obviously.

Let me know if your interested............not as exciting as a rolling road session but should be a good read!

Does anyone know how what additional or better stuff is likely to be in the book over and above the official and freely downloadable 993 workshop manuals?

Dream911 said:
Does anyone know how what additional or better stuff is likely to be in the book over and above the official and freely downloadable 993 workshop manuals?

The free manual is intended for Porsche workshop technicians, so assumes a high level of proficiency in the user. It's mainly line drawings and diagrams and does not go into detail about each of the processes.

Have a look at the link for the Bentley manual, it contains colour photographs, and if it is anything like the BMW manual I had, it gives details descriptions.

pp

ColinC said:
I have spoken to Maurice Iglesias of Bentley about a group discount. They will give us 40% off list price and can post 10 copies to the UK for 120 dollars.

By using my fingers and toes I reckon that's about 150 dollars plus postage from my house to your house. I said if we get 10 people interested they can send them to mine and I will distribute, with the individuals covering postage obviously.

Let me know if your interested............not as exciting as a rolling road session but should be a good read!

Colinc,

How does the discount work? They are priced at $149 on the website.

pp

That price doesn't include postage, so basically discount covers postage from the states.

Will confirm the 40% discount is from list price and not website discounted price but reckon its from list price......

The very important question that needs to be asked. Is it in English ?

By that I mean the worlds English or that damn American version where they believe that's the worlds English.

I'm lost without a 'u' in colour for example, and what the hell is a wrench?

Just don't get me on to aluminium :)

wozy said:
The very important question that needs to be asked. Is it in English ?

By that I mean the worlds English or that damn American version where they believe that's the worlds English.

I'm lost without a 'u' in colour for example, and what the hell is a wrench?

Just don't get me on to aluminium :)

Well, we are writing our manuals in the US so yes, we're using "American English." However, I've been led to believe over the years that it's not too dissimilar to British English...hopefully you'll agree. 8)

Maurice the book is out in the USA on the 4th November with pre order discounts. Any similar deals for the uk from uk distributors ?

jonttt said:
Maurice the book is out in the USA on the 4th November with pre order discounts. Any similar deals for the uk from uk distributors ?

Not that I'm aware of, sorry. However we do ship internationally so if you place your order with us, although you'll get hit on the shipping charges you'll still be able get the pre-order price. If you send me a PM with your shipping address, I can get a shipping cost quote for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back