Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Early 964 alarm control unit location

Mr Bacchus

Hi,

Can anyone provide a photo of the alarm control unit in situ? I believe it to be in the vicinity of the driver side luggage compartment on RHD cars, I am guessing it is somewhere near to the ABS control unit? I know what it looks like but I can't find it.

Thanks

Steve

I always thought these were under the drivers seat :dont know: Weren't they retro fit?

Mine were under the front scuttle (by the heater) passenger side. There are two boxes just kinda stuffed in there right by the gas strut for the bonnet.
Meant to say, there are different boxes for what alarm features are fitted.

Zingari said:
I always thought these were under the drivers seat :dont know: Weren't they retro fit?

Later models, as I understand it from Adrian Streathers book and other sources, have the unit under the seat.

As Chief mentions it is supposed to be under the scuttle. My car has the ABS unit and another small black thing in that location (buried too deep to get eyes on it) but no sign of the alarm unit. I have reason to believe that mine has been removed but I would really like to see a pic of where it should be.

Thanks
Steve

I think I actually have a picture somewhere, I will have a look for it tomorrow for you.

Chief said:
I think I actually have a picture somewhere, I will have a look for it tomorrow for you.

That would be much appreciated Sir.

Steve

As promised Mr B

:thumb:

Thanks very much.

Most of my research suggested the unit would be at the drivers side and that is where I rummaged the most. I shall look again this evening but suspect that the unit has indeed been removed.

Cheers
Steve

Found the connector for the alarm unit but it was well hidden, that confirms my suspicion that the unit has been removed and jumped.

Chief, what is the other black box in your pics please?

Cheers
Steve

Steve, not sure. I think it's for the pressure sensors on the back shelf (now removed) the alarm seems modular, as in you could have extra alarmy type bits fitted. This is all speculation to be honest. When it pulled all this out I had uncovered and removed four none OE alarms and the Porkie immobiliser :eek:

Thanks for posting those pics Chief, I too was under the impression the alarm was under a seat somewhere - since mine's a 90 model will take a look out the front to compare with the pics.

TJ

TJ, there is a control unit under the dash by the drivers right knee.
I think the boxes in my pictures are factory add on's or relay type units to kill the ignition and activate the interior sensors....
I am no expert, I just have many pictures :oops:

According to Adrian Streathers book the factory fit control unit is under the seat from 1991 and in the luggage compartment prior to that year.

Steve

Resurrecting this thread re alarm

Chief
On the pictures that you uploaded there is an extension box, the one with some red paint on. This is probably dealer fitted and allows connection to the ultrasonics and internal sensors. Question is, as this is just added in in series by the installer can you just remove it and plug the original 2 blocks back into the hella alarm control relay?

Stuart

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back