Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jackpoint Jackstands - group shipping?

Stuart

Hi,

I've been after a set of low entry Jackpoint Jackstands for a while but shipping from the US is fairly expensive.

There does appear to be a group of UK owners who also want to purchase a set. The guys at Jackpoint recommended getting everyone together to share the shipping costs.

If you haven't seen these before here is a link to their site which includes videos etc.

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/Home.html

It's great idea and product and if you're like me lifting all 4 corners off the ground can be a PITA, these would make it much easier whilst giving normal access, see below.

661158d1346719939-jackpoint-jackstands-violet-on-jp-stands.jpg

There is a thread on Rennlist with reviews and questions by US owners who've purchased them.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/605569-jackpoint-jackstands.html

So, to get this rolling, I'd be interested in sharing shipping costs. Location might be an issue so maybe start a list below including location and postcode area:

1) Stuart, London or Berks (W1 or SL5)
2)
3)
4)
5)

What are the proposed costs for a set on this group buy ?

Being looking at these for a few years now, great looking product, but very pricey. So could be interested if there is a discount for group buy.

Jon

Could be up for a set providing shipping and duty didn`t kill it.

London E14 postcode.

I've asked about group buy price but no reply, yet.

As for shipping, depending on quantity the final price would be worked out by Jackpoint.

Stuart said:
I've asked about group buy price but no reply, yet.

As for shipping, depending on quantity the final price would be worked out by Jackpoint.

Maybe we talk to them nicely and see if we can import a LCL or even FCL and get the rights to distribute around Europe. I`ll go halves if anyone is keen.

...those things are MASSIVE, non height adjustable, heavy, and way way expensive -- and even worse they were designed by a lawyer !!

looks like total over-kill ?

spyderman said:
What's wrong with normal axle/jack stands? That's what most race teams use - including mine.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...nds/beta-steel-jack-stand-2-ton-capacity-pair

I use flat top for the front points but then to get the rear in the air I need to jack from the centre engine point and place separate stands under the rear jack points. Always very wary of this. I would also like another set of flat top stands for the rear but by the time you factor in costs and shipping (again only available in US) I might as well get these.

By using these you can get the rear in the air, place stands on the front and then release to have the rear supported already.

It's all about ease, I'm prepared to pay more for something which works. Ideally I'd like a lift but that's way out of garage budget.

Its a little easier when the car's got a welded-in cage in because it doesn't flex. At all!

spyderman said:
What's wrong with normal axle/jack stands? That's what most race teams use - including mine.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...nds/beta-steel-jack-stand-2-ton-capacity-pair
I've got similar.

They are a total pain to use on a 993.

ie. you can't get the axle stand on the jacking point because the jack is in the way.
Unless you remove the undertray and jack the engine which many if us do not like doing.

Jackpoint stands are a clever design that seemingly avoid this problem.
I would order a pair or two, but I'm no longer diy-ing

Could be there but they are dear...and Porsche exclusive which doesnt help the economics. Lets see what the deal is.

I like the idea of these a lot, so if the ultimate price is sensible I might be interested too. I am still only going to say might though - the last time I looked shipping plus import duty looked to be a bit of a deal breaker.

Are they offering a bulk discount too or just combined shipping?

Had this in from John @ Jackpoint:

I'd honor the Rennlist member price of $279 for 911UK group buyers. In addition I think each buyer could save $30 or more on shipping compared to single pair purchases w/ shipping. The price break for shipping generally hits at 3 pairs so you don't need to have more than 3 pairs going to any particular location to save on shipping.

RRP is $299 per pair, combined with possible $30 shipping saving that's a $50 saving.

Sounds good to me.

1) Stuart, London or Berks W1 or SL5
2)
3)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back