Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 LED instrument lights..

Citori

Mexico City
When I changed my instrument lights for LED's I had to bulk buy some LED's to get the correct type and proper fit.
I'm now offering the remainder to anybody else that wants to convert their instruments to LED's.
They give a very pleasant, soft light and it also helps with the tacho misting problem.
15 LED's is enough to do all the dials the CCU and have a couple of spares.
£20 includes P&P

Attachments

• 60_12_869.jpg
    60_12_869.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 7,507
  • 545421_4032326612271_1514730592_n_175.jpg
    545421_4032326612271_1514730592_n_175.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7,507
Very nice :thumb:

Do you offer an exchange and return service?

errr, not really, this is not a business venture, just trying to help out.
The hardest part is getting the dials out, which you would have to do to send.
very easy to do once you have the first dial out. Tacho can be a pain if you have an OBC.

LED

Will these also fit 964 and do you have a enough for 2 sets...special price?
Boydyrs

Hi,
If the bulbs in the instruments of a 964 are the same, I don't see why not. However I would check first.
The bulbs are priced at £1 each plus £3 for the post, so I guess I could combine the postage for two lots.
Is that fair?

Still have some sets of these if anybody is interested.
Steve.

Thanks to everybody who has bought a set. I hope you are really happy with them.
Still some left.

Bump. :FYI:
Lots of sets gone, but I still have some left.

LEd

Hi I would be interested in a set of LED instrument lamps
Does the instruments have to come out to fit new lamps or can it be done with the instruments in situ??
Adrian

Re: LEd

adrian Abbott said:
Does the instruments have to come out to fit new lamps or can it be done with the instruments in situ??
Adrian

Chum, only gynacologists have that sort of skill. :hand:

They need to come out which, once you've got the clock out first, you can push the rest from behind to ease on the leverage behind the lip of the rim :thumb:

I 'think' the 993 tacho clears the steering binnacle whereas the 964 doesn't :nooo:

Re: LEd

adrian Abbott said:
Adrian

Zingari is correct, the instruments have to come out but it's not really that difficult. I purchased some nylon bicycle tyre levers from ebay (about £2 for 3) and it made the job a lot easier.
If you don't have an OBC in you tacho you can get it out without removing the steering wheel. If you do have an OBC it's a bit harder although I'm told it can be done.

A little bit of shampoo or some vaseline on the dial rubbers make the gauges go back in a lot easier:
que Zingari's next comment: :wink:

Steve.

Do you have to get into the car to exchange the bulbs, or can it be done without doing that ?
I have a coupe.

stuttgartmetal said:
Do you have to get into the car to exchange the bulbs, or can it be done without doing that ?
I have a coupe.

now, now.:hand:
Not everybody has the same supreme engineering abilities that you possess.. :?:
You could try doing it through an open window.

C'mon Zingari, I mentioned shampoo, vaseline, getting in and doing it through an open window in the same post. Don't disappoint me. :nooo:

Re: LED

Boydyrs said:
OK Go on then i will have a set....how do we proceed?
Boydyrs

Hi.
Easiest way is by paypal if you have an account.
Send me a PM and I will reply you my email address and you make the payment.
After you make the payment PM me to let me know your address and I will test a set, mark the positive terminal and put them in the mail for you.
Or you can send me the payment by internet banking. It's up to you. Let me know in the PM.
ATB.
Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back