Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo insurance as a second car?

matt_j

Hi all, just about to pick up my 04 996 turbo and would really appreciate any words of advice from anyone on the quickest and best way to get this sorted.

I'm 33 and have 7 years NCB on my daily (work car as I travel) but in speaking with Admiral they said I have to have this Insurance fully separate (haven't had a second car before) and are quoting around £1k. I'm looking at a limited mileage policy (4-5k) garaged overnight in a good postcode area and am ringing some more of the favourite companies I can see recommended on here now. If anyone has anything they think I should know I'm all ear :)

Thanks so much
Matt

Try Porsche's own Insurance (brokered by Marsh and underwritten by Aviva). I rang about 6 companies and they were the cheapest for me, surprisingly, incl Admiral multi-car !

:?

My Turbo's on an Admiral 'Multi-car policy' with wifeys Lexus and our old Nissan Primera.

Maybe it's your age :?: and/or where you live ?

Is there anyone that drives either of your cars - however infrequently - that can be added as a named driver?

EDIT: I've just re-read your first post. It seems that you're already with Admiral so it may be worth asking them how much it would cost to change to a multi-car policy. eg. They may be prepared to start a multi-car policy for just your Turbo and then add your daily driver when the existing policy runs out.

I've got my 996 Turbo and my girlfriend's Fabia on an Admiral multi-car policy. With a bit of haggling and threatening to leave once a year they always work out to be the best value for us.

thank you guys - Admiral just aren't playing ball quoting over £1k, Manning have just come in and HALVED that :eek:

Fantastic service and knowledge from them as well it looks like I should have some Insurance sorted soon one way or another!

Calling porsche Insurance now ;-)

Give swiftcover a shot too, they've always been stupid cheap for me compared to everyone else and in the past they've always gone down in price come renewal time.

If you are already with Admiral, they will normally match the NCB on the first car onto the new car, but if you aren't with them, you get no NCB on the second car, probably hence the £1k premium.

Might be worth asking them whether they would be willing to match your no claims on the Porsche.

I was going to say "stop bu*ger*ng around" and contact Mannings. I was in the same boat last year - you can only have NCB on one car, there may be a facility to get an introductory discount similar to the NCB for the Turbo. Speak to Mannings - they will sort it out - and the Insurance I have includes 45 days European Cover, agreed valuation with an annual limit of mileage, can use Porsche repairer for bodywork and windscreen etc. And it was half the prices quoted by some others on this site and the open market. Admiral etc all silly money in my experience - even tried Saga (yes I'm over 50) and they were pulling my plonker with one of the most expensive quotes of the lot! Absolute rip-off in my opinion all these over-50's schemes.

Mannings will sort it for you.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back