Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S - Vesuvious colour trim

Frosty993

Monza
I have a C2S in Vesuvious body colour and silver trim - apart from the wing mirrors.
Does anyone know if there was an option on the silver trim parts (ie rear grill, door handles, mirrors) when ordered new ?
If not, I would like to get mirrors to correct colour.

Any info much appreciated.

Attachments

• c2s__view_832.jpg
    c2s__view_832.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 7,705
Hi Frosty.

Car looks great, but I am biased!

The colour is called Steel Grey or StahlGrau

As far as I am aware, Vesuvius was a special order colour at the time of the launch of the C2S and I think that all Vesuvius C2S's came with the same Stahlgrau accents.

The "accents" in StahlGrau were the wheels, spoiler, mirrors, door handles and model script on the back.

The handbrake lever and button, the door entry guards, the instrument rims and gear knob were also in steel grey but I think the interior accents might not have been limited to Vesuvius cars like the exterior ones.

I have never seen a Vesuvius car without the steel grey mirrors; perhaps a previous owner didn't like them?

I have previously saved the colour code from a post by Geolab on Rennlist;

Stahlgrau metalic MAT POR61W or in glasurit: P61W

I seem to recall that the paint was originally matt with a lacquer applied afterwards, but you might want to check on that.

Thanks Madasasnake. Extremely helpful and confirms my suspicion that the mirrors have been re-painted after delivery for some reason.

I now have what I need to talk to a local paintshop (probably Langley Autocraft).

Vesuvius is a lovely colour - you have a beautiful car!

This might help further Frosty.

There is apparently a StahlGrau for the 997 as well, but its not the same colour.

I've cut and pasted one of Geolab's posts from Rennlist below.
I'm sure it will make sense to Langley Autocraft!

"Stahlgrau metalic MAT POR61W or in glasurit: P61W

GLASURIT

COLOR MIX FOR 1 LITRE of 90 line

M4---------698.9------- g
M99/03---- 94.9--- g
M99/02---- 35.7---- g
A997 -------125.5--- g
A926------ 45.9 - g
A430------ 8.2--- g
A032------ 6.1---- g
A427 -------5.1--- g

Full color code with Sikkens (Akzo Nobel)

Color Mix for 1 Litre:

666 ----- 393.7
00 ---- 394.8
575 ---- 395.9
952 ---- 398.2
744 ---- 493.8
333DF ----- 606.3
333C ----- 730.0
333CS ----- 966.2

THERE IS LACQUER APPLIED AFTER on some parts depending on the part, so please tell your painter"

Amazing detail and saves lots of time digging through old threads etc. Thanks again.
I'm sure that will be handy at Langley Autocraft.

Stop winding him up, I've checked and thats the colour mix for PINK :oops:

only joking I have no idea :wink:

jonttt said:
Stop winding him up, I've checked and thats the colour mix for PINK :oops:

:thumb:

I nearly choked on my wine when I read that!

madasasnake said:
The "accents" in StahlGrau were the wheels, spoiler, mirrors, door handles and model script on the back.

The wheels would have been cup2's with colour coded spokes. Yours has upgraded turbo's which may have been factory specced or added later :dont know:

I'm pretty sure wheels are an aftermarket job. Rears have a 10 mm spacer so offset not as per C2S ex works.
Not so concerned about colour coding the wheels although The ***** did his on his Vesuvious C2S and it looked really good.

It seems that Bens' user name is too rude by the site !

Hi Frosty, looks nice.

Madasmostownersare is spot on with info.

Just remember just don't mention Porsche Steel Grey is a very different colour, always call it StahlGrau Metallic. They are also semi-matt not gloss. Same as instrument bezels, gearlever and handbrake.

And your wheels are aftermarket reps probably ET47 offset with 10mm spacer = ET37 overall, 3mm further out than usual (no prob).

Thanks for comments re wheels Chris. Another of my questions answered.

Great forum !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back