Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New member and first ever 911 carrera cab 1989

Danny T

Hi all
I'm 41 and all my dreams have been realised
Bought myself an 89 carerra cab and I'm in love
Ill post a picture when I get chance , just thought I'd say hi
I'm based in Warwickshire.
First job is to replace the front door speakers, I want to retain original grilles
What should I be buying I haven't got a clue
Then perhaps side mounted rear ones as they are clicking like crazy
Thanks in advance and hello to you all
Danny

welcome, those 89 Carrera Cab are holding their values well

Speakers, should be easy to transplant the grill onto some modern speakers since the originals ones would have past their sell by date by now...

welcome to the site

Hi pal, can't go wrong with an 80's carrera , i was 41 when i got my first one, boyhood poster car.love mine. Personally I rarely have the radio on as the engine sounds better!
Enjoy

Welcome , looking forward to some pics , enjoy your new car . :thumb:

Thanks chaps
Ill get some photos on soon
When I work out how to do it :what:

My first ever porsche
Not a minter but I love her❤

I hope you like her

Danny

Love that Danny, great colour combination & looks the business , nice solid drive i bet and we have the weather for it :thumb:

Thanks KP
I love it buddy.
Couldn't afford a new Porsche
But this is the shape I loved as a kid
It's my baby :thumb:

Cab -tastic! Ive had my 3.2 for 3 weeks, now up to 800 miles, though I've been nowhere in particular - I look for excuses to go out in her, when I'm not out I'm looking for something to tinker with.

I wouldn't want a modern one, the Porsche of my dreams always had Fuchs wheels for a start.

Mine has period but non OE Blaupunkt speakers, and the original cassette rack in the centre console which I'm proud of. I do have a Sony Cd / radio though, I'm not going that retro! Like Neunelfer I often switch it off and open the sunroof to listen to the Dansk exhaust growling.

Enjoy, and be sure to sign up for Impact Bumpers as well, lots of IB knowhow there.

Hi guys
How could I find out what the colour code is for my car

Regards
Danny

What a beauty!

Is there a sticker under the bonnet with colour and option codes as there should be? Or in original service book if you have it. Failing that, join PCGB and you get a certificate of authenticity which will give you the options it came with when it was built.

Enjoy - air-cooled Porsche is a special thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back