Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Getting my laid-up 930 moving again.

Dave49

I want to get my 1989 930 on the road so at least I can get it serviced, mot'd etc...
HOWEVER, it has been in my dry garage since 2001.
Any ideas as to the best and safest way to achieve this? Obviously it is not a case of putting petrol in it, buying a new battery and turning the key. (Or is it?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The car is in the garage section if you want to see it, this was when you could still buy leaded petrol.
I will keep a photo record of any stages.
Thanks. :thumbs:

I'd decide who you wnat to servuce it and then get them to trailor it to their workshop. Before it is started it will need a good look over to ensure there's plenty of lubrication in the engine. I'd suspect teh brakes will be shot given the time and some of the rubber wear :dont know:

Looks great in the pics :thumb:

First thing, brakes check them over get the car turning over without it starting up. Fresh fuel plugs, leads, check as much as you can over fuel pump, new oil. Once you are happy fire it up, and check it out for leaks rocker covers, pipes etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back