Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The End of the Sub £20k Sub 100k miles manual Coupe?

rottenbend

Magny-Cours
There are currently 2 examples on sale currently (and one of those has 96k miles). A year or two ago, you could find several. Asking prices seem to be up across the board. It also seems that less cars are being re-advertised or advertised for any period of time.

It just an observation but decent sub £20k cars seem to be a dying breed. Perhaps prices are being pushed up by the surge in 964 prices :dont know: Get one (or another one) while you can...

Perhaps Boo is buying them all up.

Always informative to check the last few listing pages to see if the cars that have run through the system have actually found a buyer. Sadly no mention of the word "sold"

:hand: That slime green one is still up for £11k More miles but as the 'illuminati' know some cars with +100k miles should not be overlooked on mileage alone. Well apart from this crabby one :roll:

:popcorn:

Is it just me? Because im looking?

Or have all air cooled Porsche prices gone through the roof?

I looked at a mint 964 guards red coupe about 2 years ago at a dealer with 60k and all the history/provenance for 15k- Now 25k?

I nearly bought a very useable 3.2 Targa for 6 K before someone beat me to it- Now 15k plus

993's again missed a local car with 55k that sold for 19k 12 months ago- now 28-30k

even SC's seem to be getting expensive - Really considering a 997 as they all blow up unless there a generation 2 lol

:what:

Yes, it's the end. Good riddance to £20k.

Budget £25k for anything half-decent.

It's not all "woo-hoo!" for owners. I spend more on my car every year than the increasing value.

Way over £25k with still stuff to do...

Spongebob! Good man. Nice to see you :thumb:

I agree Kim,
There's no way even the most optimistic increases can pay for the PROPER upkeep of these cars ...
However , I ended up in a bidding war and paid (probably over the odds) £28200 for a 43k miles C2 manual vario coupe in '07.

... I KNOW I couldn't afford what this car would cost to buy today.

I didn't buy the car as an investment , I do think though , that 964's and 993's prices are going to continue to rise, get one while you can / don't sell unless you have to!

orangecurry said:
spongebob squarepants said:
...stuff...

SponnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngeBOB

how are you doing? :bye:

Hi OC doing good and thanks for the pm's :D There's a common theme there of really badly advertised cars and probably a bargain amongst em.

Working in Iraq till mid June then im on the serious quest

:thumbs: airing towards a 997 (Am I mad?) just seems the right time to buy one? Or as in your suggested motors a 996 turbo?
Only back in UK for 4 weeks at a time so will never put big miles on a car
(Sorry for hijack!)

I know where there's a nice blue one for sale. I know how much you love blue cars :lol:

Since my knobhead brother-in-law has got himself into a 991, and won't stop swanking on about it, and how it's soooooo much better than any old car anyone else has, :roll: I might have to get out of mine and leave the fold, so keep talking the market up boys! :hand:

Huh? Shirley that's the best reason to keep the 993? Never listen to peer pressure.

Just go up to him and say, as fast as you can...

1 pound
1 pound
1 pound... (for ever)

that's your car depreciating that is
:grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back