Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anybody has experience insuring a Porsche with Admiral

greatdane

Monza
Again this time of the year. Renewal quote £730+ which is interestingly similar to what I paid before :pc:

Entering same data on the comparison sites shows Admiral as cheapest at £401. Last year they were £500 on same car.

Anybody has any experience bad or good with Admiral? I have mate who is happy with them on a non-Porsche, however he has never had to claim with them.

My car is now 14 years old. What is the worst that could happen? I hear stories of Admiral not using Porsche approved body shop, is this still important on 14 years old car? Will I get car repaired with Skoda doors and Vauxhall coffin arms? :?:

Kind regards,
Morten

I've got a multicar policy with Admiral which was a good price (works out to be about £500 on a 997.1 C4S), never had to try claiming as yet though. Also I inquired about using an approved Porsche bodyshop in the event of a claim, they said this is ok, if I supply two quotes for the work beforehand. Where as some Insurance companies will not let you do that.

I have insured with Admiral/Elephant for the last 3 years. They whack the price up at renewal, but a couple of quotes from competitors sorts that right out.

When I was rear ended at a junction, they were responsive and quite nice to deal with. In 3 days they approved me using Precision instead of their approved repairers. It meant I wasn't eligible for a hire car, but then I would not have taken one anyway.

Their approved repair places are Porsche approved, and push out massive quotes.

I'm in my third year with Admiral with 3 cars on a multi-car policy including my 911.

I originally went with them as their quote was the cheapest. Both renewals since have been for much the same premium so I haven't bothered to shop around.

I've always found their admin to be good but haven't had to make a claim.

I went to a speed (48 in a 40 limit) awareness workshop yesterday, run by the AA, who said Admiral is the only major insurer that penalises drivers for being 'given' such a workshop. The AA's advice was, "Find another insurer".

My understanding is that there is no requirement in law to divulge such attendance, but that an insurer can require it as a condition of a policy.

I've had recent experience with them.
Long story short, 2 car multi poilcy to include my 911 997 and daily run around, price £1100.
AXA, who mirrored my no claims but don't advertise multi car policies, £650!
:thumb:

I'm with Admiral on a multicar policy, they're usually the cheapest by a long way, although I haven't really checked the comparison sites for the last few years.

I had to claim for a new front end on my first 911 (1998 996 C2) back in 2006 after a catastrophic failure to stop in time situation at low speed!

I dropped the car off at the OPC, told Admiral where it was and they sorted the rest with the OPC bodyshop. I think I only spoke to them 3 or 4 times during the entire process. No claims was lost but it was only my second year of having my own car so no great loss.

Now have 6 years no claims with them and generally always happy with the price and service, the only thing is make sure you phone during the day to ensure you get the Cardiff call centre and not one of the outsourced ones!

We've had a multi-car policy with Admiral for about five years. I've never had to claim off our Insurance but I did have to claim against someone who drove into my girlfriend's car. Admiral were excellent throughout the whole process. They arranged a courtesy car and all the repair work without any fuss.

They're always expensive at renewal but one phone call to them always reduces the premium to a more acceptable level.

Many thanks for all the replies. Seems Admiral overall is good company.

I only have 1 car as weekend toy and social only
For £401 parked on main road, protected, 6000 miles, London Post Code I guess it will be cheapest I can get.

Plan of action at renewal haggle with Cardiff call centre :grin:

I haven't checked AXA or Aviva as they tend to be £1200+ for me. I did try Performance Direct online yesterday night and received £908. This morning lovely girl calls to follow up on quote. I pointed out probably pointless as it was too dear. After confirming all details I typed in website previous night and her applying discounts and 5 mins on hold got £910 quote. Not the best spent time :roll: Through comparison site they quoted £590 same details. Figure that.

I used to have track days cover with Porsche Insurance. Left them last year after renewal was ridiculous. They only like new cars it seems. Is this something that Admiral does as well or do people get this separately?

Realistically may not use it as I have a Carrera 4 Cabriolet, however if I would end up passing a famous track could be fun.

Morten

Aviva were very competitive last year but when I looked more closely it was only because their voluntary excess was really steep. Once that had been adjusted they were almost the same as Admiral.

chaps what constitutes a modification above standard specfication.
i was asked this on admiral and wasn't sure if that meant stuf like sports chrono or my 19's on my 997 S

T8 said:
I'm in my third year with Admiral with 3 cars on a multi-car policy including my 911.

I originally went with them as their quote was the cheapest. Both renewals since have been for much the same premium so I haven't bothered to shop around.

I've always found their admin to be good but haven't had to make a claim.

Exactly the same with me.

I've got my C2, Turbo, and A8 on a multicar policy, and each year the renewal is pretty much the same.

Anytime I've had to call them, they are spot on.

And based in Wales so the girls all sound sexy, (maybe that is just me :) )

3.6 Carrera 2
3 Points for speeding
TS postcode, parked on drive, unlimited mileage.
£380 fully comp on a multicar policy.

Can't say much fairer than that.

I'm not planning on crashing but to pay another £500 just on the off chance so I can take it to some posh workshop simply makes no sense.

Last year was with Aviva mulit car and a few weeks ago had the renewal for £649 an increase of 15% with no claims om the policy.

Just changed to Admiral Multi car for £455 same cover as Aviva.

Cars covered:

2002 Porsche 996 C2
2007 Ford SMax 2.0 Diesel

There is no customer loyalty with car Insurance as every year at renewal time the premium goes up a lot and always change to one of the cheapest I can find as long as they have a good reputation and have good cover.

I insured an brand new orange Lotus Elise with Admiral, after 10 weeks the car was was a write off when it was hit whilst parked in a housing estate middle of the day last July by an 82 year old man driving a Toyota Yaris.

I bought the policy off confused with Admiral (Admiral Own Confused...) because they were the cheapest. It has taken me 11 months to get a payout for the correct value of the car. They tried to give me 18k to start with. LOL

After driving round in a Fiesta for 11 months i pic up a 911 Turbo this Saturday. Can anybody recommend a good insurer that looks after there customers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back