Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Newcastle?

Monkeyboy01

Has anyone been dealing with OPC Newcastle? if so how did they find it? As i am finding it very hard to buy from them , very little communication and information about the car etc? Its starting to put me off

:gunfire:

I've only used the parts dept and find them helpful.

I think opinions are mixed on the servicing side, but can't comment.

Chris

I need to tread carefully on the name and shame policy here. (Can provide evidence etc)

A friend of mine was purchasing a 997 C2S and they asked me to look through the OPC 111 point report etc.

Turns out that it had an issue with brake judder and upon collection they did not rectify. Additionally, they only changed 1 tyres at the front, and I thought it was wrong. I referred to Porsche own training manual and it states that tyres should changed in pairs on the same axle. Additionally they should all be the same N rating.

Anyway, long and short, they ended sorting it all out but after alot of pain and hassle.

I suppose you gotta always fight your corner.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of your problems regarding OPC Newcastle.

From my own experiences with them (since 1980 when it was Gordon Ramsay Ltd) I have nothing but praise for them. They have always been helpful, courteous & quick to rectify any issue.

Good luck,
Paul

Well lets see if they can redeam themselves to day, as it sthe day to complete the sale, lets see what they bring to the table. Asi to date i am still waiting for loads of information prior to me buying.

I feel that it is leave this very late, as i am planning to collect it tomorrow if all goes well?......... and the deal is good? Not hoping for much then.

I will update later on today with the news and i might have a change of heart about them. Lets wait and see.

Mark :?:

Well as i said before , not to hold my breath.

I asked them to check the Over Rev records and the story is

2nd = 20 times
3rd = 4 times
4th = 4 times
5th = 4 times
6th = 1 time this worries me as how the hell did someone over rev in 6th?..

As Porsche only expect things to happen 3 times this had to go back to Porsche for Advice and they have issued a list of checks and work to be completed prior to the car getting issued.

Does any one know the car "G1RCA"? please PM if you do

Comments welcome

Well the latest update on my Cayman, Deposite down on the 17th April, with a first collection date 27th April with moved to the 30th April, then to 4th April and AGAIN to 8th May but a very sad story when i have to go from the sales guy, then to the Sales manager NOW i am dealing with the Gen Manager.

Therefore i am yet to receive a new delivery date. Which i just hope will before the end of MAY?..... :?:

Its been very poor communication from an OPC is this the norm at present?

I would love to here more comments :thumb:

Attachments

• angry_face_109.jpg
    angry_face_109.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,725
Walk away

I can't believe your putting up with this, from the sound of it the cars history is questionable the service appalling.

I'd be getting my money back and starting again.

We test drove a boxter there ( to be fair it was 5 or so years ago) the deal was that they were going to get a price on our TT and we would discuss a deal. They did not get in touch when they said they would - I chased them twice then gave up.

About 5 weeks later they phoned to ask if we were still interested ......you can guess how the conversation went.

I have been surprised since having the 996 how pleasant the OPC i have been into have been. Chester and Leeds were both very good and Nottingham outstanding - i called in for a battery for my key Sat pm and they offered to post one foc on monday and did.

Lots of choice out there and you do not have to put up with anything you are not happy with

Good luck

Well another delivery date passes and i got another one for sunday, but i have just received a call and AGAIN it be stopped?..............Might get it before the enf of MAY???

What can i do?.......Give up? Move on , buy the R8?..............

All time kids dream and it being shattered by Porsche at present!!

:dont know: :eek: :dont know: :whiteflag: :wtf: :wall: :help: :help: :eek:ut:

Move on..OPC Newcastle is not giving it for free :judge:

I am sure there are OPC's with better customer service :thumb:

Quick update, I hopefully get the car on Thursday, the support from the the centre Principal has been outstanding and what I would expect from a OPC. Even thought the car is late the support I have receive from Scott has been ace and he has explained everything.

Just can't wait

Mark

Update fully soon

Hi mark passed a transporter on its way to silverlink yesterday it had a couple of Cayman's boxsters and a cayenne. Got a picture of a red Cayman on the back of it hope its yours my friend

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back