Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FS: Mk2 Golf GTi 2.0 16v - Road Legal Track Car - £2,995

pj_sibley

I will shortly be putting my Mk2 Golf road legal track car up for sale through the usual routes (Pistonheads etc.) but thought I'd post on the forum initially in case a fellow member is interested. Selling due to recent 911 purchase and a baby on the way!

I've owned and developed the car for 2.5 years (since October 2010), in which time it has undergone a complete transformation, including many components replaced/upgraded. No expense has been spared on making the car both fast and safe to drive. It is equally at home on road and track, and has been a fantastic companion for the 10 or so trackdays I've completed in it. I've spent nearly double the asking price on its development and it really is a superb track car now. It's 'ready to go' as it is and will give someone out there a lot of enjoyment for a relatively small outlay!

The specification is impressive; I have this written out in full (3 pages) and would be happy to email through if you contact me via PM.

Brief summary:

- 1990 Mk2 Golf GTi 16v big bumper edition in Tornado Red
- Fitted with Mk3 2.0 16v engine (ABF engine code), running KR head, cams, ignition and fuelling
- 172bhp / 151lbft when last tuned by Stealth Racing
- TSR 4-branch manifold and custom Infinity stainless 2-box exhaust system
- Spax RSX rebound adjustable suspension
- Audi S2 front brakes with EBC Yellowstuff pads, Mk3 VR6 rears with Ferodo DS pads
- New copper brake lines throughout, Goodridge flexibles and Wilwood rear bias valve
- Motordrive buckets / Luke harnesses
- Weld in rear strut brace and harness mounts
- Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels (black) with 195/50 R15 Yokohama AD08 tyres
- Polycarbonate rear side windows and rear windscreen
- Full interior strip, with carbon door cards, electrical cut-off and plumbed in fire extinguisher
- Good solid shell with very little (if any) rust on the body/chassis. Bodywork isn't perfect, but certainly not shabby...polishes up nicely!
- Road legal with MoT until Oct 2013 and Tax until July 2013

It goes without saying that, if you have any questions or would like to view the car, do get in touch via PM. No canvassers or tyre kickers please. The car is located in Bristol.

Asking price: £3,995 ono

Mallory1.jpg

2011-08-16154413.jpg

FS: Mk2 Golf GTi 2.0 16v - Road Legal Track Car

Thanks for moving moderators

Now in the correct sub-forum.

Please contact me via PM if interested in this car.

Now also advertised in the road legal track car section of the Pistonheads classifieds.

Sensible offers considered :thumb:

Price reduced to £3,495 ono

Sensible offers considered

Any interior pics :dont know:

There are some in this link :thumb:

The seat rails, rear strut brace and harness mounts are all painted Tornado Red now. There are carbon door cards front and rear too.

If you'd like me to send you the full spec, just drop me a PM with your email address

Final reduction to £2,995

Please PM me if you would like the full spec or have any questions. You'd be getting a whole load of car for the money :thumb:

Provisionally SOLD.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back